Notices

Well I called and made appt with rehab

Old 04-13-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Dub. All The best man. I wish you well.

Things will all work out as long as you do the right thing. Ultimately you know deep down what that is I guess. For me it had to be changing my life so that I could dedicate it 100% to keeping sober and clean 'just for today'.

I don;t know what your job is but for me I had to totally get out the music scene all together for the last 9 months to stand any chance of staying sober/clean. I am still treading very cautiously around getting back pushing my music heavy as I know that for me drink/drugs was an integral part of music for me. I am only just comfortable getting back playing my guitar again as like I say there are so many memories. It goes way deeper than simply just drinking/drugging. It was my life listening/playing/idolising bands/artists and getting wrecked.

Certain music I can't listen to anymore as it just gets too intense and sad thinking about drink/drugs/partying. Only people who have been there and done it/experinced will ever be able to appreciate it. But it has to be done for me personally. Besides this only applies to Dance music which i only used to listen to when doing drugs. Crap otherwise LOL.

Things are good though man and this is a result of having to accept that lifestyle as being gone as I'm an alcoholic and drug addict but most other musos ain't. I know what I have to do. I had to grieve/mourn this as part of my recovery.

peace out.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi Dub,

Making the appointment shows a willingness to recover. There is much that can be done when we are willing. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Good luck to you Dub, on whatever you decide. Keep at it and stay with us.