Blogs

Notices

This site makes me want to drink.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[I]"I will be who I want to be, when I want to be. I want to accomplish things, and sobriety is not an accomplishment"[I]

Sobriety for me was a transformative experience that has saved my life, restored my family life, and helped others who thought I was a goner to realize that anything is possible. I have graduated from walking into walls, falling off yachts, driving my car drunk into other people's garages, and sleeping on the couch or floor, into someone who can navigate a passageway safely into a bedroom where a person who likes me me allows me to share a bed with them. I can go out to sea in a yacht and return safely to port, and my car always ends up in my own garage. So, for this alcoholic, sobriety is an accomplishment -- a life-changing one at that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AWOL For This Useful Post:
Houndheart (04-06-2010), JJB (04-07-2010)
Old 04-06-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

heres the thing.. i think you may be one confused individual...and actually, i cant speak for anyone else here, but I am a bit insulted at the your seemingly way to scoff at this whole addicion board, coming here telling us that this , that "we" make you feel like drinking, well for goodness sake STAY AWAY, i mean geez...hey ya know when i go out of my way when im in the grocery store and i pace up and down the booze aisle that really makes me want to drink...hmmmm. maybe i shouldnt do that? would that be your advise for me? If so, then take your own
crys
Old 04-06-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm going to put myself out there for what I expect could be rejection and/or criticism. I read this thread last night, and the responses to Che's comments have bothered me tremendously. Before I joined SR, I spent a lot of time on the site. The posts also triggered me and made me want to drink. This shouldn't be insulting to anyone; I have different beliefs, a different mind, and a different way of approaching my goal compared to many of you.

I stopped visiting SR for a while, strengthened my beliefs, and returned (and am glad I did.) I understand and agree with a lot of what Che wrote. I silently support many of you as I read the posts on this site. And I know that you support me because you give me the answers before I even ask the question! But, we are all different.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doda For This Useful Post:
penny74 (04-07-2010), Reubena (04-07-2010)
Old 04-06-2010, 09:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doda View Post
I'm going to put myself out there for what I expect could be rejection and/or criticism. I read this thread last night, and the responses to Che's comments have bothered me tremendously. Before I joined SR, I spent a lot of time on the site. The posts also triggered me and made me want to drink. This shouldn't be insulting to anyone; I have different beliefs, a different mind, and a different way of approaching my goal compared to many of you.

I stopped visiting SR for a while, strengthened my beliefs, and returned (and am glad I did.) I understand and agree with a lot of what Che wrote. I silently support many of you as I read the posts on this site. And I know that you support me because you give me the answers before I even ask the question! But, we are all different.
Just keep on posting and Che do the same if he wants to:-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yeahgr8 For This Useful Post:
penny74 (04-07-2010), Reubena (04-07-2010)
Old 04-07-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

as an alcoholic of my type i dont believe in triggers....im gona drink wether i want to or not,against my will,its what im programmed to do unless i live in a spiritual solution.
triggers no.....justification and excuses yes.but thats just me.and i only realised this when i got honest and got serious about recovery.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charmie For This Useful Post:
keithj (04-07-2010), Reubena (04-07-2010), yeahgr8 (04-07-2010)
Old 04-07-2010, 10:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You know what I think Che? I think that you came here because you want our help. That's what I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Houndheart For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (04-07-2010)
Old 04-07-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Never needed an excuse to use but would use any excuse as well.

Getting well takes time and first we have to put down the drugs
The Following User Says Thank You to nogard For This Useful Post:
Horselover (04-07-2010)