Notices

First visit to SR

Old 04-04-2010, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First visit to SR

Glad to find this site. !! Tonight after work 2am will be my first night not drinking alone all thru the night. My life has vanished with all the booze. Tried several months ago to take a few nights off, could barely sleep, but hadn't made a decision then to give it up for good. After reading about outpatient help thru the county ( I guess) I'm going to get in touch with somebody soon. Blackout drinking every night, it's just nuts. Suprised I haven't burned my place down. I was court ordered into treatment for posession C, (in late 87) but soon realized my deepest freedom would be from alchohol. Had the best years of my life from 88 till 97 sober , but ended up with a wicked gambling addiction , didn't even realize Day Trading could even be gambling. Thankfully that's 5 years behind me, but the drinking has been getting really heavy the last 6 years. Anyway, thanks to all here for your posts !
Old 04-04-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR topspin
Good to have you with us!

D
Old 04-04-2010, 05:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for the move D , brand new here . learning
Old 04-04-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community
Old 04-04-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family of SR! So glad you joined us. Congrats on deciding to stop drinking. Stopping now means eliminating that huge pile of risk from drinking. All the bad things that can happen WON'T happen if you stop now. Are you doing anything else for support in your sobriety? There are many programs and methods out there for staying sober, this site included.

I wish you well. Sobriety rocks!
Old 04-04-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement, Least. I tried a noon meeting 2 weeks ago, ..it was a small step meeting and I did get something out of it. I really hope to find a larger meeting, but have been comatose when the 9am begins. This first week may be harsh, but I'm determined to get thru it. Trying to visualize my old healthy lifestyle, and not just give in to the nightmare of another season of hell. Lately I started hating my job, to the point of just quitting, but realized that won't help a damn thing. I'll just be drunk a different time of day, .....when every other alchoholic is pounding them. I'm looking forward to feeling good in the am ...eventually, and do something meaningful with my days before work. Right this minute it's hot flashes and light chills. I may have to get online at home to access you guys. I leave my laptop at work here because of the wi Fi. Thanks again
Old 04-04-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I meant to say get connected at home since I'm not now