SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   some advise please (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/198161-some-advise-please.html)

crzylilmndfreak 04-04-2010 07:47 AM

some advise please

i

thank you for responding, :) I am so fairly new to this "recovery" thing i wish i could let go of the past, just fast forwad through time, just ahead one year, and see where i'll be,..hopefully iving a quiet clean, calm life with my husband and kids,..
I am currently on 6 differnt meds, none of which even seeme to be working, and i would just love to be able to just "see" what and where my mind would be without any drugs in my symptoms...has anyone else felt like this? im jsut so fed up with this rollercoaster of 'drug cocktails" if you can name it iff, ive been on it, and its just so frustrating to continue to be in the same boat as i have been...like i said, not looking for med. "advice" just some simple answers to know that this is normal whatever "normal' is
ty
crys :wild

endzoner 04-04-2010 08:00 AM

Hi Crzy , i think 1 question would be , as you really didnt say .. are your drinking ? or is your issue meds ?
I would say if your drinkin and on meds thats a big no no ..
Many times people find that once the get sober , that alot of those meds are not needed any mores or the dr eliminates alot of them because the issues no longer exist .
Have you explained your situation to your dr ? that your tired of all the meds and would like to cut um out etc ? that would be the first place I would go . Huggles Endzy

Aysha 04-04-2010 08:13 AM

Hellooo. I fought tooth and nail for years not to take meds. I thought they were trying to make me crazy or it was conspiracy. But that was my addicted mind rationalizing again.
I know how you feel wanting to see how it would be without meds and being clean and sober. I want that too. But I am in early recovery. I need to take things slow and trust my Drs know what they are doing. But I have to be very honest with them and myself to make sure I am getting the right help. I dont know if you are drinkinf still or not. But just take things slow. Trying to fix too much too soon never works for me.

crzylilmndfreak 04-04-2010 08:14 AM

i havent had a drink since Early Nov. so i know its not that,..i have however been off of my klonpin for quite some time now, and just realized this, husband deals with al of my medications, and he thought iwas fine without it, we just hadnt put two and two teghther, but the insurance wasnt covering it, so i had to beak down and just pay for some...i thought i was losing my mind, the shakes, tremors, memory loss, i was just put on Abilify, so i think it ws the combination of being off the klonopin, and the new med Abilify...has anyone had any withdrawals from Klonopin? or had serious side effcets of being put on Abilify? because I was even thinking *holy crap* maybe i have Parkinsons disease...my mental dr. even recommended i get tested, this was when she did not know allready that i have been without my klonopin, due to insurance problems...
I again am not lookingfor medical advice, just some expeiences,
ty
crys

endzoner 04-04-2010 08:21 AM

many drug companys have programs to help pay for certain meds . just google them online that mite help some . but you need to be honnest with the Dr and inform them of this . I understand the $ issue and cuttin back but to be honnest your husband is not a dr and shouldnt be makin that decission for you , that Is for your Dr to decide . I would call your dr tomarrow and talk to he/she about this ASAP

crzylilmndfreak 04-04-2010 08:30 AM

btw this is the same ments doc taht has been prescribing oll of my mental meds, whe same one that when i told her i've been paranoid she said ...broken english... "maybe they say you pretty" OMG WHAT kind of doctor downplays such very serious issues to me...like that??? Maybe i need a new dr. i idk

Anna 04-04-2010 08:37 AM

There are lots of drs like that.

When I was trying to get my depression treated, my drs measuring stick for depression was hair and makeup. He said, well you combed your hair and put on makeup, therefore you couldn't be depressed!! :scared: What's even worse, is that I believed him and became convinced I just wasn't trying hard enough.

My advice is don't give up on trying to work out the meds. It can be frustrating but hopefully you will feel better soon.

flutter 04-04-2010 08:42 AM

I'd get a med review by a new psychiatrist or medical doc if it were me. On the affordability of meds thing, needymeds.org is a wonderful website that will search for all financial assistance programs for your medications. Usually the drug manufacturers have assistance programs for each med.

I took klonopin for anxiety when I was in grad school, about 10 years ago.. I honestly preferred the anxiety (hated that drug!). The doc weaned me off over a period of 2 days and I don't remember withdrawal symptoms, however it was all I was taking, and I was taking a low dose (as prescribed).

crzylilmndfreak 04-04-2010 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by flutter (Post 2560399)
I'd get a med review by a new psychiatrist or medical doc if it were me. On the affordability of meds thing, needymeds.org is a wonderful website that will search for all financial assistance programs for your medications. Usually the drug manufacturers have assistance programs for each med.

I took klonopin for anxiety when I was in grad school, about 10 years ago.. I honestly preferred the anxiety (hated that drug!). The doc weaned me off over a period of 2 days and I don't remember withdrawal symptoms, however it was all I was taking, and I was taking a low dose (as prescribed).

You say You hated that drug, klonopin, I was just wondering what about it did you not like, what were you symptoms, etc.? also, do you remember the dosage you were on?
ty
crys

crzylilmndfreak 04-05-2010 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by crzylilmndfreak (Post 2560457)
You say You hated that drug, klonopin, I was just wondering what about it did you not like, what were you symptoms, etc.? also, do you remember the dosage you were on?
ty
crys

well sorry for asking advise on the "dosage" i got in trouble :a213:
anyway, i was just curious why or how you hated it so much? why you would prefer the anxiety? how did it make you feel?
ty
crys

flutter 04-05-2010 02:31 PM

Sorry, just getting back to this.. I don't remember the dosage anyways.. I hated it because it always made me feel like I was drugged, in a fog. Amazingly enough, 10 years ago I preferred to be clear headed. Course that didn't last, I probably would have liked it once my addiction and alcohol issues kicked in. It made me really lazy, I couldn't think very well.. yuck!