SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The pitts (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/197973-pitts.html)

SCAMY04 04-01-2010 07:44 PM

The pitts

Has any one else have real high liver enzymes after quiting drinking its been over a month

Taking5 04-02-2010 02:33 AM

Actually I would say that is very common. I know a guy who is 3 years sober and still has liver problems - that's how much damage he did to himself.

What does your Dr. say? Are you following his advice on meds, diet, etc?

CarolD 04-02-2010 11:18 AM

It really takes time for our minds and bodies to adjust.
:hug:
Remain sober and check back with your doctor
for when another liver function test should be done.

Well done on your early sober time....:yup:

SCAMY04 04-02-2010 11:47 AM

yes doc has sent me foe ultra sound thursday to check gallbladder and liver for fatty liver or gallbladder issues im not asking for medical advice i just wanted to no if anyone else has had this happen

zandre 04-02-2010 12:53 PM

The first time I quit drinking my liver enzymes were high and after just a month of not drinking they had returned to normal levels. However due to that and a bunch of other stupid excuses I began to start drinking again. The relapse lasted a good 8 months or so before I finally quit again this time and have made it 40 days.

When I first went and saw my doctor, the day I quit, he took a liver and kidney test. Kidney came back fine and liver came back mildly elevated. However my doctor seemed to think it was simply due to the drinking the night before. Went back again a little less than a month later. Had another liver test done but have yet to hear the results (this was about a week and a half ago). I am kind of just taking the no news is good news approach.

Having said all that today, being my 40th day sober, I am still experiencing the dull pains on my right side but they do seem to be getting better. My doctor also told me in my last visit that my liver would be enlarged/inflamed for a little while most likely. I do believe I've read that it may take up to 3 months for them to return to normal. Maybe even longer. Take it from a very anxious person and self-described hypochondriac not too worry about it. No matter what the case is the best thing you can do is not drink.

Keep up the good work.

SCAMY04 04-02-2010 06:20 PM

yes drinking is the past but i was sober two weeks when test were done before that a month im 33 and have been drinking since 20 or so i dont remember but this worries me i just wanted to no if this is things other people have expirienced bp was high to

SCAMY04 04-02-2010 06:55 PM

i guess this not common after quit drinking since no one really responded

SCAMY04 04-09-2010 12:03 PM

I have been sobber for 48 days .Just to up date I had my ultra sound my whole right quad earlier this week,The nurse called and said every thing is normal I dont need a follow up for a while She my pains were from anxiety and stress. I feel really good and relieved and want to think everyone for the support. I guess stress and anxiety are does strange things to the body . Got some new meds for anxiety I kinda feel silly now but my pain is real

least 04-09-2010 12:19 PM

Congrats on your 48 days sober!:) And yes, anxiety can produce very real physical symptoms.

SCAMY04 04-09-2010 01:20 PM

Thanks and I had no idea BUT AGAIN I am really relieved

Dee74 04-09-2010 02:25 PM

I'm glad you found out scamy :)

D

OZboy 04-09-2010 03:07 PM

..have you being reading magazines about Brad and Angerlina..

..that would give me the 'Pitts'..LOL

..take care and the doctors advice...
..liver damage takes a while to heal...oxo