Notices

Newbie With Questions

Old 05-24-2010, 03:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results Womble.

Try something different, man.
D
Old 05-24-2010, 03:05 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Miss Missy

There are a few of us who are not AA members. I didn't use AA...here's a brief recap of what I did (and do) to stay sober - I hope it helps?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2531003

I'm wondering why you don't have access to AA tho? I thought it was pretty much everywhere?

D
Old 05-24-2010, 04:58 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Rational Recovery resonates with me

I, too, have issues with the powerlessness and the one day at a time, which is telling me I am too weak to make a forever commitment. I did it with smoking, I hated that AA wants you to be weak and depend on the group. I am not weak, and I hate listening to everyone moan and groan about the same thing over and over.

I like the Rational Recovery program - I said, I will NEVER drink again, so I don't have to worry about this decision tomorrow, or every single day, like I felt with AA. I went for a year, it just didn't work with me. And I tried, I really did, but when I asked questions, I was told that I think too much and to shut up. Hmmmmm...my brain is my best asset and I knew I needed it to quit drinking!! Rational Recovery tells me that alcohol is a BEAST, and I have to tell the Beast NO!! Very clearly. He will weaken over time, as long as I am committed to NEVER drink again.

Here is the website:
rational.org

I have stopped fighting with myself, saying NEVER.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:08 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Wombling Free

Just got out of a 5 day detox programme...man it was tough, the shakes, the drugs....BUT although I am on abbout 12 diazipan a day and feel I could sleep 15 hours a day I am 6 days sober...now I have to do it myself........I now have a strong beleif I can...I was amazed at the number of aa members that visited me, if I had not been in the fellowship I would have had maybe one.

I am so so grateful. my Doctor was an amazing guy, I am so so lucky

A recovering WOMBLE....going to the UK in 3 days , have to be strong more than ever now, but the $2,000 bill sholuld stop me, but that will be forgotten in a blink if i LET it.

Power, paeace and love to u all, and thank GOd for SR.com
Old 05-30-2010, 12:16 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for checking in Womble.
I'm glad you're ok and I hope this is the start of something really good for you

D
Old 05-30-2010, 02:19 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Good luck with the trip Womble! Keep at it friend!

Stu.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks again for your message, I went to my first meeting in 6 months tonight because of your kind words and observations. I think I'm finally ready to start communicating again. Keep Going!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Lithobid!

D
Old 05-31-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Wombling Free

Originally Posted by Lithobid View Post
Thanks again for your message, I went to my first meeting in 6 months tonight because of your kind words and observations. I think I'm finally ready to start communicating again. Keep Going!
Thats FANTASTIC Lithobid.........you make me proud to be an alcoholic..well done, just keep going, you will make some wonderful freinds. This morning I received e-mails fom an ailine pilot and a captain of a ship........none of us are above this disease no matter how special we think we are..I would never have met these wonderful guys if I had not been an alchie

Good luck Mate...from your Brit mate
Old 05-31-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
SR Fan

So glad to here you made it into detox and have begun a new chapter! That's great news, Womble - keep going (ODAAT!)
Old 05-31-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey thanks friend, I hope your spirits are climbing higher, because they should be. You know, I got so sick of all that crap in "those" meetings, but in the end it was all crap, and not worth drinking about.

I know it's difficult for you right now, but I believe you can make it through this no problem, you've got more resolve than any other AA I've met so far, and you make a lot of sense as well, especially in your honesty about not understanding the HP. Hell, I don't get it at all either.

Tonights meeting was all about god this and god that, but I was still able to weed out what I needed to hear in the meeting. That's because my introduction to AA came from good level headed people such as yourself. Maybe you need to get your gardening tools out for the morning meeting.....lol.

I'm here to talk anytime you like, and it's good to be back on this journey together, through thick and thin.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:25 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Wombling Free

Litobid...well done mate, yeah some meetings I go to are terrible, but you have to go.

Just got back from a month in the UK and it all went well, I was under a lot of pressure to drink, what with the world cup and all, but I resisted.
Then I got back to Thailand and the demon was back on my shoulder, I had to get to see the Doc who detoxed me and he has put me on Zanex 4 times a day plus some other new medication. It spaces me out, but I still have not drunk in 34 days ..so anything is better than that. I was a bit pissed off that rats had eaten through the wires of the engine of my BM while I was away which is gonna cost me $2,000 dollars to get fixed...but luckily we have 2 cars so I can sill get to meetings....I would rarther pay the money than drink on my loss.

I fell out with my sponser when I was drugged up and said some nasty things to me, but I appologised and he is coming to spend some time with me tomorrow.....would have been far easier to drink over our world cup humiliation, I just ripped my flags down and stored them away for another four years...if we qualify

Anyway keep on truckin buddy, so proud of you

Womble