SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Friday! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/197590-friday.html)

coffeenut 03-26-2010 03:56 PM

Friday!

And boy was it a stressful one! So, now I'm kicked back with a Pepsi and a bag of Girl Scout cookies. Think I'll visit with my SR friends....and then it just may be a sit on my butt watching t.v. night.

What's going on where you are?

NewBeginning010 03-26-2010 04:00 PM

Hi coffeenut,

Sounds like a good plan, love watching movies.

I am going to an AA meeting in a cool area in my city (first time to attend this meeting), should be interesting. After that I am meeting up with my girlfriend to go for dinner somewhere, then go for a nice walk.

Happy Friday SR peeps :You_Rock_

least 03-26-2010 04:09 PM

I'm just on the forum, as mostly always, and taking it easy tonight. Been a very stressful week but I didn't drink, didn't even want to drink! By George, I think she's got it! :)

HumbleBee 03-26-2010 04:17 PM

My best friend is coming up to my house for the weekend with her 2 kids, ages 5 and 4.

"God grant me the serenity..." :lmao LoL

Fubarcdn 03-26-2010 04:23 PM

I am going to sit back and watch TV with a cup of tea, no sugar, and some vegetable pieces.
I would prefer a pepsi and cookies but I am doing a fitness challenge and it is not on my list of allowable snacks. :c021:

Kerbcrawler 03-26-2010 04:38 PM

Hi,Coffeenut, girl scout cookies..Hmmm sound good never heard of...sure havin stopped eating all week..wit not drinkin..hopin to put some weight on..fubarcdn..wow..wit that strict..dietry an drinkin regime...your monastery material..:lmao, me just about to crash..11.45pm. gotta an extra shift the morn..up at 6.00 sober..cool.

barb dwyer 03-26-2010 04:40 PM

I'm at work.
GOtta LOVE a job where you can do your sork,
but sit on the computer too.

Coffee - I'm so glad youre relaxing
so much better than LAST weekend for sure.

Anna 03-26-2010 05:21 PM

Me and the cats are relaxing by the fire.

I'm reading the latest James Patterson novel and checking in at SR.

NellieM 03-26-2010 08:20 PM

Drinking some sleepytime tea and checking the forums. Friday nights start out hard -- no more happy hour for me! -- but get easy once it's past 7 pm. Took the dogs for a walk, removing myself from the situation. All is well.

coffeenut 03-27-2010 08:41 AM

And, the best thing about curling up with a Pepsi on Friday night....is a sober Saturday! As I popped out of bed this a.m......I actually had that thought!

Have a GREAT weekend, all!

Kerb: Girl Scout cookies are way overpriced cookies that are sold door to door by Girl Scouts....and they are Awesome....specially a new Lemonade one. Yum!

Kerbcrawler 03-27-2010 09:54 AM

Thanks for that coffee...Could do with them girlscouts poppin round my door..Hmm with a few cookies...thats cool..want any cookies round here its a few mile run to the store..Not long finished work had a couple of NA,beers..sat/sun for me is 2 days of bad triggers an cravins..gonna hold firm busy up bigtime...Maybe throw on a straight jacket on an ask my wife te spoonfeed me till mon morn..HaHa..jus for my first tough weekend...
Have a nice sat all...:wild