Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Haon ....Good to see you again....

Bartender..... Soorry you lost a freiend

For everyone......
Old 05-03-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thumbs up 30 days Tues

Aprillers,
........It's gives me the best feeling to read this thread and read all the positive

things happening in your lives in early sobriety, and working through all the challenges.

Bartender, I should've posted a few days ago , when you had the wisdom and
courage to find different work . That was inspiring.
And today, .... I'm really sorry for your loss.

KYB, ...you had me worried the other night !
Good job on thinking through and winning that "arguement " !!!!!

OMG,, Rev, you were so right when you said ; ...."that was like watching a suspensful movie " .....LO <smiling >

All the new Aprillers , Box, Stayinfree, Mygrayskies, Americangirl, Fool, Raindown, louiseO, wolfsurgeon ,lazyboy you guys sound good !!!!

Andi and Dean and Marlow , Kim, UBC, WW, M Rita, Gwentissel, Dreanick, Kyb and everyone else that keeps posting here , ....ya'll keep this thread Kickin'

4-4 10 is my DOS , so in several hours I'll have 30 days .

First time in 9 long years since I've been clean and sober. You guys and everyone here at SR has made the last 29 days the best ever, .....well, once I got through those initial days of w/d,anyway ... they've been the best ever.

The gradual change happening in my mind (my way of thinking) has been the most noticeable thing ( only to me ! ) of this past month . Completely overhauled my eating habits and excersize a little, .....still have a long way to go there , for damn sure. Still smoke Buglers too, but have plans to give them up at some point. .........sooner than the indefinite "later"

I stopped drinking coffee nearly 3 months ago , but not for health reasons. <huh ??? >
Had cut back to one cup 4 months ago just before work ( 6pm-2am ) because after noticing my hands shaking worse and worse about that time in the evening and thought ; "....damn, I better quit drinkin' that caffiene, ...it's fr#ckin' embarrassing , ..... my worksheets are hardly legible "

Talk about denial !!!

It's tragically comical in a way, ....remembering some of my old warped thinking.

Dee, Carol, Anna ....thanks for everything ya'll do here

Apprillers, ......... We can do this !
Old 05-03-2010, 08:15 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

WAY TO GO TOPSPIN! 30 days in just a short while here!! That is so awesome, and encouraging for all of us Aprillers, especially us newbies.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your 30 Topspin

D
Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
04-04-2011

Awesome Tops! Congrats on 30. Can't wait to get there myself.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:14 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
learning

Hi folks,

I'm still here and I'm still sober.

I'm still grieving the lose of my dear friend.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Wandering Student of Life

Just quick popping in to say CONGRATS!!!!! to everyone posting about their sober time. While some people don't like counting the days, I actually really like to in early recovery, so here's a big KUDOS to everyone who is "banking" days

Bartender, I'm really sorry for your loss and I hope you are able to heal more soon.

I'm sitting here waiting for the cable guy I'm getting cable for the first time, new internet, and new phone. It seemed an appropriate time for a renewal (duh, lol) of my communication services/devices, and I can certainly afford the extra $20 a month now that said amount is no longer being spent on booze

Once I start going to more festivals, I think I'll be handing out more donations to charities and etc, because I made do just fine without that "booze" money before - why not put it toward good causes instead for a while? $10 here, a $20 there - just like any other month back when I was using.

All right everyone - I'm gonna grab something healthy to drink before the cable dude gets here. Take care, and my best wishes to everyone here!

Blessed be,
WW
Old 05-04-2010, 09:37 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Bartender, I am so sorry for your loss, and I wish you strength right now in this difficult time.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Day 17 here. Crazy. This may already be the record (the record for longest time sober for the past 11 years (since I started using drugs and alcohol on a regular basis). I'm not positive; one month will definitely be a record). I wish I had more time to read posts right now, but I will later on. Good luck to everyone on making it through today.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
04-04-2011

Day 12

How is everyone doing?

Still not sleeping well. I don't understand because I slept so well the first week.

Starting to crawl out of the depression. I don't understand that either. I have no reason to be depressed. I know I just need to suck it up and get over it.

I was hoping my wife would notice by now that I'm not drinking and say something. Maybe she has noticed but just not said anything.

I guess that's fitting tho. I was alone in my drunkenness so I guess I'll be alone in my recovery (except for all of you of course).

Ok....pity party over. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:21 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
04-04-2011

AlbaStar & Priceyjunk didn't you guys hit 30 days yesterday along with Topspin?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Topspin...congrats!
Bartender....will keep you in my thoughts...hope you feel better soon.
Kyb5...you are not alone...we're all here!

Just want to say that I'm feeling very, very good (sorry if that's insensitive to anyone not feeling so good). I've dyed my gray hairs, so I'm all blond again, got some new bobbles and did my hair...put my earings in (I'm surprised my holes hadn't closed up, they haven't been used for so long....Oooppsss...that doesn't sound very ladylike does it)

And best of all....I'm not obsessing anymore, well maybe I am but not about alcohol!

Sobriety feels great and very different this time....it's like now that I've accepted I'm an alcoholic and that I can never drink again, not just admitting to it, the insanity has stopped. I am not doubting my decision, there is no schizophrenia going on in my brain, just pure acceptance, and a weight has been lifted.

Best wishes to all of you.

Hugs
Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
04-04-2011

Pink Cloud

I'm sure this has been discussed before.

The "pink cloud" is best described as a period of time where the addict or alcoholic experiences a reprieve from the struggles associated with early recovery. These struggles are generally associated with the feelings of depression, anger, resentment, self pity and the realization of where their drug addiction or alcoholism has taken them.

Upon experiencing this phenomenon for the first time, the addict or alcoholic is understandably excited. They begin to believe they now "hold the key" to their recovery. This is where the seed for relapse is planted. They begin to believe more in themselves than in the process they have been following. Without the pain as a daily reminder, they tend to forget about what it took for them to embrace recovery. Denial rears its ugly head and they minimize how devastating their drug addiction and alcoholism really was and that they have a disease of drug addiction and alcoholism that requires attention on a daily basis. Relapse prevention becomes an afterthought as the person becomes defiant and rebellious regarding suggestions contrary to their desires. Without resorting to drugs or alcohol, the individual in recovery is one step away from relapse. Remember, relapse is not an event, it is a process.
Anyone experience this? Any thoughts/ideas? I hope I don't fall victim to this because I'm probably nearing that "stage".

Last edited by Dee74; 05-04-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

7 days here too! Woohoo for one week! I've been eating fruits, veggies, and high protein food like grilled chicken. LOTS of water! Started back on the treadmill. I even went out and worked in the yard with the kids today. (Haven't done THAT in over a year!) I have a doctor's appt tomorrow, originally I made it to ask for help detoxing but ended up doing it myself at home after getting pretty sick. So now I'm going to tell him about my 2.5 year relapse and ask for tests to see where I am health-wise. Nervous but glad to be going at the same time.

CONGRATS to everyone here, it's so inspiring to come in here every day and see how great our Aprillers are doing!

Bartender, I am SO very sorry for your loss.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
04-04-2011

Originally Posted by MyGraySkies View Post
7 days here too! Woohoo for one week!
Congrats and keep up the good work!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hey guys! I'm on day 13 sober.

Can I join your april thread? I've been reading

I'm doing well after the initial gross detox stuff. I've had to white knuckle through a few intense cravings but I have been lucky to have someone I can call and talk it through with. Overall I am feeling exponentially better than when I was drinking. Every day waking up is a wonderful experience. I never want to wake up hungover again.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:32 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hey Hey!!! Hanging in there and still sober. I have my irritable moments (Lord knows how hubby tolerates my snippiness but he says he is fine with him since he has his wife back finally) and of course at the dreaded point in early recovery. The time where you are beginning to feel really good, making positive change and those little thoughts of having a relaxing nice drink set in.

I had my inprocessing today and am offically employed by the government (what was I thinking...LOLOL) but after the entire day and a few other good things happening that my body was sending me the "its time to celebrate with a drink" vibe.

No worries....I came straight home and decided to chat with hubby, clean the kitchen and have some coffee. Of course the thought passed - force of habit I believe. So many years of using booze to offset any emotional high or low. Was super proud of myself but of course was a bit snippy for a bit.

Tonight hubby and I went to dinner and played some pool ------ IN A BAR!!! OMG....I ordered a sprite and while I won't drink ever again.....it was that familiar smokey scene where people are laughing and drinking and it was a little challenging for me. I just reminded myself that I don't drink, that I am not like them and that I will wake up feeling grand. Later I saw several folks who were pretty lit up and I thought to myself ......Oh Kim....that was you once upon a time...aren't you glad you aren't there anymore.

Finished a few games of pool and headed home and now off to bed. Yeah today was interesting but I handled it. I usually avoid anything I can connect with drinking but I do have to face it at some time......my life will always be filled challenging moments and I have to deal with it.

Super proud of myself.....bit sad with myself for getting into the mess but no matter what I love not living that life of hiding and fear when I was drinking. I go through my days now with no regret or guilt of what I am doing.

Wow....that was alot for me to share. Today was a struggle inside for me......

Here is to another blessed sober day my friends.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't worry about the pink cl;oud too much kyb - as long as we remain vigilant and not get complacent or cocky I think it's ok to enjoy that sobriety 'glow'

Do you guys know about PAWs too?
Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) — Why we don’t get better immediately) Digital Dharma

D