Notices

Class of April 2010

Old 04-28-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Wandering Student of Life

Welcome new April members! Congrats on making it here and I bid you a fine sober-morning hello!

Day 32 here, relationship woes, but everything else is fine. No desire to drink - but I've realized I need to cut down on my refined sugar intake (I've gained about 5 pounds in these 32 days). I'm wondering if I'll get withdrawals - like headaches or stomach aches - if I quit cold turkey. Maybe I'll start slow and just cut out sugary sodas and teas for now I still need a bite-sized Snickers or MilkyWay practically daily though, lol.

Take care everyone, and I'll talk with you all later!

Blessed be,
WW
Old 04-28-2010, 06:09 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Morning peeps!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:42 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
learning

Still here...still sober...Doing the deal on a daily basis...
Old 04-28-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hmmm. I joined here 2 years ago. My bottom was getting drunk at a bbq hosted by one of the lawyers at my brand new job and drove with my kids even when his wife tried to stop me in front of everyone. Nobody got hurt thank god but I couldn't believe I could have let something like that happen and put my 3 kids at risk like that.

I've been a revolving door ever since. 2 months here, 3 weeks there, hiding wine in my closet, getting caught, threatened with the loss of my family if I don't get my **** together, same ole same ole. I post here even when I slip, I like being part of a group but can't seem to hold onto one. I have been attending AA sporadically for the last 6 months, I like reading the books and talking to people online better though.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:42 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
04-04-2011

day 6

Doing pretty good this morning. In a decent mood.

We'll see what today brings.

Congrats to everyone for hanging in there. We can do it together!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by unbrokenchain View Post
"morning peeps!"

Speak! dying to hear about your experience.

Got in an arguement with the wife this morning..almost used it as an excuse.....not going to happen...... nothing or no one is going to make me (or give me an excuse)to drink again.
Lazyboy
Old 04-28-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
04-04-2011

Good for you lazyboy. Yeah that's hard when I get into it with my wife or kids.

Keep up the good work!

Old 04-28-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I'm still here everybody!! 12 days sober and going strong. The withdrawals are over and I feel fantastic. I believe I have been given a 2nd chance and I have accepted that alcohol is no longer part of my life and I can never have a drink again. Acceptance for me was key.

Following up on that mammo and if another Dr. calls me at home to scare the $hit out of me....I think I will deck them...lol. I have a breast MRI in a few weeks to see what is going on and apparently they discovered so many things so I am just taking it easy and focusing on the positive. It is what it is. Drinking won't cure it and working myself up over won't either. I will wait for the results and proceed with next steps. Talk about a true test to stay away from the booze but the thought of drinking doesn't even cross my mind. The good Lord has given me a 2nd chance after that relapse and I pray that my MRI will come back showing everything as benign. I hope but I have to because if I didn't have hope then I would drowning and dead in alcohol.

Passed my employment physical and finalized all docs to start inprocessing next week to work on base!!!! Yayyyy. Working again will bring so much joy as I miss teaching and feeling I am contributing to life. I didn't do crappola as a drunk and wasted too many years so now I am all about getting on track and giving something back.

Ahhh...so the last unhealthy thing left is smoking. I want to quit and I have a great read that has been helping me understand that addiction (20 yrs) and it also has been helping me understand why I drank. I am afraid to ruin everything at the moment since being sober is my priority. I am maybe going to take a stab at it this weekend but might wait until my results from the MRI are in. Any thoughts on this guys?

Ok enough rambling for now and God Bless SR and this wonderful community for giving me the support that I need and seeing me through those dark hours a few weeks back.

Stay strong and stay sober
Old 04-28-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Kim....
Prayers for your well being and peace in all areas
specifically concerning the MRI.

I too am dealing with a medical test next Monday
a CT needle biopsy on a lung node.
The results will not be known for another week

Darn good thing we are both sober and not paniced!

I totoally agree.....It is what it is.....and we are clear
headed and strong. You are doing great....
Old 04-28-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Day 2

I'm joining the class of April 2010, I haven't had a drink in two days. I've been trying to quit on and off for the last month or so. I was a daily drinker for the last 5 years. I'm in an outpatient program and attending meetings. This site has been a great help reminding me to stay strong and keep at it. Thanks for everyone's post, it's a great place for me to go to when I'm thinking of relapsing again.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:51 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

April Class

Glad to hear everyone's hanging in there !!!
Love the posts !

lazyboy, I'm glad you have that take on it ,

your determined resolve shows some clear thinkin'

Stay strong my friend !!

Went to the Dr yesterday , and I guess I'm gonna live, ...he had nothing but , good news ! Been cycling everyday, and overhauled my crappy diet a couple of weeks ago. Grocery shopping and cooking has become something I'm starting to like again. I guess a little mental clarity goes a long way on improving my general disposition; ..really ?

How I never burned my place down cooking in a blackout , practically every night , I'll never know. No need looking around for "clues" the next day ...anymore.
What DID I eat anyway ????? LO

Ya'll take care
Old 04-28-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Kim and Carol ,,
My prayers to you both ....
Old 04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome dreanick!
I was a daily drinker too - good to have you with us

best wishes to Carol and Kim

D
Old 04-28-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I would like to join the April class. I posted my story awhile back and have had some ups and downs since then. Today is day 3 for me for the last time!! I look forward to continuing this journey with all of you =)
Old 04-28-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
04-04-2011

Welcome Fresh!

Keep with it. You CAN do it!!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, it's a comforting thought that I'm not alone in this. Most of my friends drink on a regular basis so I've kind of isolated myself recently as I am cannot resist temptation. It's been great to find others with similar situations who can offer advice and remind me of where I was at. This site has made me take a hard look at my past and that makes it that much easier to not drink.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
She's gone full circle...

and ive gone full circle.

hiiii everyone!
well i am joining class of april. my dos [this time] is april 26. let me share a bit of my story :]

im 23 and i have been "trying" to get clean since i was 17. i started with pills, booze, pot and moved to meth and i went full circle and back to booze and pot. i got my first possesion ticket on april 16 and lost my job on my bday april 19. my life became completly unmanagiable. my parents found out i was using again and they threw away my stash. i became very anxious and had one of the worst panic attacks ive ever had. besides being an addict [this time when i say im an addict i actually beliieve it!] im bipolar and have borderline personility disorder. WHOEVER SAYS YOU DONT WITHDRAWL FROM MARIJUANA IS FULL OF POO POO BECAUSE YOU DO AND ITS VERY PAINFUL AND UNCOMFORTABLE!

i found a dual diagnosis residential treatment center who would take me and was supposedly covered by my insurance,but once i got there already they pulled a fast one and sent me home because i wasnt covered [we are fighting this and if all goes well i'll be back by next week, so pleaseeee send positive vibes.]

im sooo sick and tired of being sick and tired. im an addict. PERIOD! be it alcohol, marijuana, meth, xanax, vicodin, etc.

if i knew at 17, 18 what i know now, i would of tried harder to get and stay sober.

thank you sooooo much for hearing me out :]
Old 04-28-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi tragicbeauty
welcome to you too

I was a boozer and pot smoker as well - although I didn't have anything as bad as what you describe when I quit, it was still very hard to do, so big kudos to you for this.

I hope the rehab comes through

D
Old 04-28-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hello and Welcome .....

dreanick ...Fresh....tragicbeauty

It's so good to have new members
heading into a better way of living.

Recovery Really Rocks.....
Old 04-28-2010, 07:10 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hi Y'all

Day three for me. Been ok so far. Am trying not to look too far ahead or too deeply into the past. Just focussing on today and not drinking.

Thanks