SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   5 days and still going (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/197525-5-days-still-going.html)

unit0028 03-25-2010 08:22 PM

5 days and still going

Just wanted to thank everyone on this site. I have been sober and not had a drink in 5 days. Doesnt sound like a lot for some, but for me it is. I am used to drinking 8- 12 beers a night along with some shots. I finally realized on Saturday night that it needed to stop.
I am greatful for everyone here. I have learned a good bit by reading different threads and seeing im not the only one and people have similar situations like me.
Thanks again. Have a good night.

:tyou

humblestudent 03-25-2010 09:10 PM

Unit - 5 days absolutely sounds like a great achievement to me. Each day counts. And those days add up! Good for you that you've made this positive decision. When I was at five days, I wasn't sure I could trust myself to make it. But so far, so good, one day at a time...

Do you have a plan in case the urge to drink comes over you on the weekend, etc.?

Dee74 03-25-2010 09:43 PM

Congrats on yr 5 days Unit.

D

InsideOut 03-26-2010 03:24 AM

Welcome to SR.........Congratulations on day 5......that is awesome!! Keep coming back to SR, the support is wonderful and has helped me make it to day 85!! I never thought I could do it but talking with folks that share my struggles, cravings and celebrate my small victories means so much!!

Keep on keeping on!!!

Hugzzzzzz

Tazman53 03-26-2010 03:38 AM

Well it is day 6 now, congrats, one day is an achievement for an alcoholic & one day at a time is the best way to stay sober.:c011:

NellieM 03-26-2010 04:10 AM

One day builds to another, one day at a time... Congratulations! The first days are the hardest.

FBL 03-26-2010 04:20 AM

Congrats on 5 days! Those first sober days are still very fresh in my mind. At first, the weekends were always the hardest as that's when I really let the beer flow...now I don't miss it at all. Stay close to SR and best of luck on your sober journey.

mirage 03-26-2010 06:08 AM

Great job on 5 days, unit! Keep up the good work!! :)

citylights 03-26-2010 06:12 AM

Hi unit---welcome and what great news--5 days is a huge accomplishment. both times getting sober--in the past and now, every day is a big milestone! Keep it up and keep sharing your tremendous progress, it's an inspiration to us all!!

oops--it's day six today!! even better!

Anna 03-26-2010 06:19 AM

That's great, good for you!

least 03-26-2010 06:26 AM

I think the first week or so is the hardest. Congrats on nearly a week sober! :)

unit0028 03-26-2010 08:04 AM

Thank you all for the support. It is really helping me get through my struggles. There is no plan in place for a temptation for the weekend, but last night I did hang out at my friends local establishment and didnt have any urge to drink there. I drank water all night. So im hoping that is how the weekend will be wheather I am golfing or fishing. Thanks again for the support. I really appreciate it!!

Horselover 03-26-2010 08:25 AM

Congratulations! Weekends were hard for me in the beginning. I'm not sure why because I drank during the week also. Odd! I now look forward to the weekends because its time with husband and son and doing fun things. Chains are off and no longer do I have to be a prisoner to the bottle.

You can continue to do it! Post here if you get an urge.

ImReadyToQuit 03-26-2010 08:25 AM

Hey unit.. me and you both stopped last saturday.. Congrats!

lostmyway 03-26-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by humblestudent (Post 2551949)
Do you have a plan in case the urge to drink comes over you on the weekend, etc.?

I need to make a plan like this. It sounds like a very good idea. What might such a plan include? Is it just a list of phone numbers to call for support, or is there more to it?