Notices

Sober, but how long does these symptoms last??

Old 03-24-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stircraz

Sober, but how long does these symptoms last??

Hi folks!

I guess I start with my story. I am a stay home mom of two grown children who has chronic pain from several sources. I have back problems, arthritis, fibromyalgia and a few other things that went wrong in my years. I am 46 and I feel I have slept or been in a coma most of the last 16 years. I have been on hydrocodone 10 in VERY LARGE QUANTITIES (from the doctor) for about 16 years now. I was on 240 a month!! And, Methadone 10mg 160 per month, and another drug called Trileptal 300 mg 90 a month, PLUS Celebrex 200 mg 30 a month, PLUS Nuvigil 250 mg 30 per month!!!! This was ALL prescribed by a pain care doctor I trusted. I was so out of it and depressed. Then, when the you-know-what hit the fan in the news about over prescribed meds from doctors, my doctor turned me out. No help except a prescription for Clonodine for withdrawal....I am so sick, so tired, so hurt. This has been over a month ago and I am still going through something. My stomach hurts like hell and I can't seem to keep anything in for more than 2 hours till I have to hit the bathroom again. I have already been in to my regular docs office and had to have two things of IV fluid put in me along with medications to help my stomach. I have been prescribed Lomotil, and Phenegrin for the diarrhea and upset stomach. I have already gone through that and I'm on my third bottle of Kayopectate, plus my doc prescribed a couple of other meds which are Kapidex and Symax Duotabs. But, I have another appointment this Friday because I'm still in a lot of pain in my gut and have severe diarrhea. I have another weird symptom, too....every time I try to eat, I start sneezing. I'm taking Tylenol for my pain and slurping down this Kayo every 2 hours, but I really don't know what to do because I am on my 4th week off the junk and STILL having issues. My pain care doctor didn't even call me when I was so sick I didn't show up for my last appointment....my mom placed numerous calls into his office (front desk & nurse phone) with no response. I am calling a lawyer! What do you guys think? I can't even leave my house, I can't do anything due to the pain and diarrhea. I don't know where to turn. Please, any encouraging words would be great here.

Thanks!

stircraz
Old 03-24-2010, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

stircraz, I dont know very much about the things you posted but I wanted to wish you a warm welcome & pray that the best way to get through this comes to you.

Take Care,

NB
Old 03-24-2010, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We can't give medical advice here, but it sounds like it might be time for a different doctor. One who actually practices medicine and cares about his/her patients. I'm glad you have an appt this Friday. Please tell the doctor everything you told us and ask for tests if he/she doesn't mention testing for problems/illnesses and such.

I'm sorry you're having such trouble but I am glad you found us and joined the family.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear of your pain. And I am also glad that you have an appt Friday. Is it with this same pain doctor? Or your primary care physician? I agree that you might want to try to get another medical opinion...and find a friend or a relative that can help get you there. I do not know if you have health insurance and if this is possible for you to get another opinion. I am kind of new here...but wanted to welcome you and wish you well. Hang in there and check in often here...as I am sure more of the folks here will post back to you with ideas.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
stircraz

"Or your primary care physician?"

Yes, I am now only seeing my primary care doc and she is NOT happy! I am going to contact a lawyer, I think, when I feel better. My mom was going to try and contact one today for me. She is NOT HAPPY either! My husband is ready to kill the pain doc.....as am I.

stircraz
Old 03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi stircraz

Welcome to SR.

I agree with the others - please do continue to see the other Doctor for any concerns, if only for your own peace of mind and welfare.

D
Old 03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I hope you stick with your primary care dr, who seems to be doing what she can for you. Just know that you will get through this.