SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   well day two...just started (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/197169-well-day-two-just-started.html)

dedubya 03-21-2010 07:21 AM

well day two...just started

yesterday was rough towards the end, slept 6hrs...woke up with absolutely no appetite (almost dry heaves feeling) and anxiety like crazy. Think I must be in the middle of the WD storm. Hanging tight.
Love and Peace
Dub

augustwest 03-21-2010 07:36 AM

Congrats on day 2! What are going to do today?

dedubya 03-21-2010 07:39 AM

Thanks- working out in a minute or two, then watching movies - anything to stay busy....
Dub

augustwest 03-21-2010 07:41 AM

i was going to recommend exercise. good job.

dedubya 03-21-2010 08:25 AM

cool- well over an hour so far on my exercise bike- planning on two. Helps me tremendously with anxiety...signing out for an hour or so
Dub

gerryP 03-21-2010 08:33 AM

Congrats Dub.

How about some meetings today and maybe finding a sponsor?

Recovery work...Action.

BlueBlaze 03-21-2010 08:36 AM

Best of luck to you my friend. I am starting day 2 again myself. Hellish WD last night. For the past few weeks I have been going about two days..fall off again..go about 2 days...fall off again. My WD has been basically shakes and stomach problems. Last night though, wow...it was bad. Was awake until 6:30 this morning just covered a cold sweat. Not fun at all.

So I am going to do what you are doing today. Exercise, go get some vitamins, and do some serious movie watching.

Hope we make day three.

Fandy 03-21-2010 09:29 AM

you will!!! although it seems really terrible, if you just take it one day at a time (see chance's thread for determination help)....each day will get better.

for help with relaxing, i am going to suggest a nice warm soak in the tub...it will help to relax your muscles and may assist with sleeping....it certainly won't hurt you and you may even enjoy it....you can find this lavendar oil quite inexpensive in the baby section of any store....it is pleasant smelling, not heavy and has relaxing properties.

Charlotte2276 03-21-2010 10:12 AM

Way to go! Just keep in mind, the WD won't last forever.

wanttolive 03-21-2010 10:43 AM

Good Job! Just make it through the crappy feeling and you will be so happy you did!

least 03-21-2010 10:50 AM

If you never drink again, you never have to go this horror again! :)

coming_clean 03-21-2010 12:37 PM

excellent....congrats on ur second day!

Hang tight, itīll get better...

intention 03-21-2010 12:53 PM

Hi Dub, I really hope this time you do find a sponsor straight away and start working the steps.
good luck and well done on reaching day 2.

Lenina 03-21-2010 02:53 PM

Good job, Dubs! Please keep checking in here every day so we can support you!

Much love,

Lenina

Dee74 03-21-2010 02:58 PM

Good to hear you're racking up some sober time Dub.

Exercise is good too - you must be fit - I could never have done anything like that day 2.

I think you'll agree it needs more than exercise tho Dub.

I hope you're listening to the folks suggesting a meeting, a sponsor - I think trying whatever's available to you right now couldn't hurt :)

D

Spawn 03-21-2010 03:19 PM

:welcome back

Sidney14 03-21-2010 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by dedubya (Post 2547345)
yesterday was rough towards the end, slept 6hrs...woke up with absolutely no appetite (almost dry heaves feeling) and anxiety like crazy. Think I must be in the middle of the WD storm. Hanging tight.
Love and Peace
Dub

Yes you are weathering the storm or going through the storm. I know all about how horrible it is it makes you wonder each time why the hell you are putting yourself through it again. Hang in there you can do it.