SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Why not drink ?? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/197105-why-not-drink.html)

Blank123 03-20-2010 02:32 AM

Why not drink ??

My first post.. why not drink if it does not make you a bad person? I'm more fun.. when I drink I am boringwhen I dont almost! I dont talk to girls as much im not outgoing just boring dont flirt... btw I dont have a real job like normal ppl I have a career that a small % of ppl have so I have alot of money and dont really have a schedule so i can drink while I work even lol. i know i might die 10 years alearier but i dont care why do people want to live to 90? what fun things can you do at 90?

like i understand needing to quit if u are mean or ruining lives and **** but im not im fun person and happy when drinking soo why do pl act like its a bad thing all because ill die sooner most likley?

preta 03-20-2010 02:37 AM

If you want to drink, drink! I dont think anyone here is going to try and talk you out of it.
The forums here are for people who at some point discovered they couldnt stop drinking (or drugging, eating compulsively, etc) and had to seek help. Serious business, yaknow? Life and death stuff.
So have fun.

Dee74 03-20-2010 03:22 AM

Hi Blank
Well I guess you beg the question - if drinkings so much fun and your life is so great, why'd you post here? :dunno:

Our purpose here is pretty simple - we help people who want recovery.
If anytime you decide yeah, you want that - we're here :)

D

BlueBlaze 03-20-2010 04:11 AM

To each his own man...

But like Dee74 said...why did you come here if drinking was so fun?

If this is your attempt at mocking people with real addiction, I feel sorry for you.

Taking5 03-20-2010 04:17 AM

Blank,

Maybe deep down you realize you need help but you are trying to deny it? If that's the case many fine folks here can help you. Alcohol damn near killed me, and I am no where close to 80.

Hevyn 03-20-2010 04:49 AM

Hi Blank. Long ago I felt the same way. Drinking was fun and exciting back then. Over the years things changed - it took more and more booze to feel the same effect. I couldn't stop, I needed it to live - and it was never fun or relaxing anymore. I remember feeling just like you do, though - but instead of using alcohol to make myself sociable I wish I'd figured out why I needed to get numb to enjoy life.

least 03-20-2010 04:57 AM

If you decide you want to quit drinking there's lots of people here with experience and info to help you.

Welcome to SR!:)

ghostgirl 03-20-2010 05:02 AM

if you want to drink, drink. if you don't, don't. many of us on here don't like where drinking has taken us; no, we don't all need to find ourselves in the gutter in order to decide to quit. for those of us who want to get and remain sober, its a matter of health... emotional (spiritual), mental (intellectual), and physical. if drinking is not a problem for you, then by all means... do what you enjoy. (use caution if you're using alcohol as a "tool" to help you in your shyness... i think most of us have been there, and have found several years down the road that it is no longer serving the purpose that we so enjoyed it for)

gg

littlefish 03-20-2010 06:07 AM

At the risk of indulging in another addiction, gambling.....I think the odds are 100 to 1 if the OP ever posts again!

Fandy 03-20-2010 07:25 AM

I agree with littlefish...a strange posting?

WakeUp 03-20-2010 07:34 AM

You know the old Internet saying, "Please do not feed the trolls."

Zencat 03-20-2010 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Blank123
i know i might die 10 years alearier but i dont care why do people want to live to 90?

And it is possible that you may lose your life in less that 10 years do to alcohol related illness or accident.

like i understand needing to quit if u are mean or ruining lives
Unfortunately this understanding may come to late.

coffeenut 03-20-2010 07:54 AM

Yeah....drinking is a real blast. Until it's not. And then it's hell.

Hope the party is worth it for you.

CarolD 03-20-2010 01:49 PM

I don't care if you drink ...:no:
I will keep staying sober....:yup:

What came to my mind when I saw this thread?
DENIAL ......
Don't Even Notice I Am Lying

Illusion

"Most of us have been unwilling to admit we were real alcoholics. No person likes to think he is bodily and mentally different from his fellows. Therefore, it is not surprising that our drinking careers have been characterized by countless vain attempts to prove we could drink like other people. The idea that somehow, someday he will control and enjoy his drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker. The persistence of this illusion is astonishing. Many pursue it into the gates of insanity or death."

Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 30
1st. Edition

angharad 03-20-2010 02:39 PM

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...eed_trolls.jpg

Dee74 03-20-2010 03:09 PM

You know, I think we should be careful bandying the T word around.

I don't pretend to know Blank's intent, but I know for a fact had I found SR when I was drinking, I could have written much the same post.

It was coming here that helped wake me up to what was really happening and gave me back some hope.

I'd hate to deny that hope to someone else who might read this thread.

D

Anna 03-20-2010 03:14 PM

Thanks, Dee!

Very well put!

Stayinfree 03-20-2010 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Blank123 (Post 2546447)
My first post.. why not drink if it does not make you a bad person? I'm more fun.. when I drink I am boringwhen I dont almost! I dont talk to girls as much im not outgoing just boring dont flirt... btw I dont have a real job like normal ppl I have a career that a small % of ppl have so I have alot of money and dont really have a schedule so i can drink while I work even lol. i know i might die 10 years alearier but i dont care why do people want to live to 90? what fun things can you do at 90?

like i understand needing to quit if u are mean or ruining lives and **** but im not im fun person and happy when drinking soo why do pl act like its a bad thing all because ill die sooner most likley?

Hi and welcome

There was a time a time that I wished I could drink when at work...you seem to be in a good place...fun and happy.....except that you are not in a good place...otherwise why would you be posting on here....welcome to DENIAL.....We will be here for you regardless x

angharad 03-20-2010 04:13 PM

Well then my apologies for my light hearted attempt at input

nogard 03-20-2010 04:57 PM

I am so curious to know why you posted here if getting blasted is so much fun. Hope you come back an tell us all about it.

Kevin