Notices

party last night

Old 03-14-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

party last night

We had a bunch of people over last night, so there was lots of beer and wine in the house. I've only been sober for about 6 weeks, and had some anxiety about how the night would go.

It actually turned out quite well, I bbq'd tons of food, stayed up late with everyone, did not even think about having a beer for more than a second. I literally prayed for strength to not drink yesterday afternoon before the party, and thankfully my prayers were answered.

I found drinking water/soda out of a red plastic cup avoids questions from others about why I'm not drinking, since no one knew what was in the cup anyway.

The problem I have now are the couple of cases of leftover beers in the cooler out back. I don't want these in my fridge, and don't really want to store them in the garage/shed either. What do you think, should I just dump them? Hmmm... looking at the question I just typed, I'm realizing there is absolutely no reason to keep them other than my alcoholic brain telling me I'll need them for later. Yeah, I'm dumping these things.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by northfork View Post
We had a bunch of people over last night, so there was lots of beer and wine in the house. I've only been sober for about 6 weeks, and had some anxiety about how the night would go.

It actually turned out quite well, I bbq'd tons of food, stayed up late with everyone, did not even think about having a beer for more than a second. I literally prayed for strength to not drink yesterday afternoon before the party, and thankfully my prayers were answered.

I found drinking water/soda out of a red plastic cup avoids questions from others about why I'm not drinking, since no one knew what was in the cup anyway.

The problem I have now are the couple of cases of leftover beers in the cooler out back. I don't want these in my fridge, and don't really want to store them in the garage/shed either. What do you think, should I just dump them? Hmmm... looking at the question I just typed, I'm realizing there is absolutely no reason to keep them other than my alcoholic brain telling me I'll need them for later. Yeah, I'm dumping these things.
Awesome!!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I say dump them! They're just taking up valuable space in your place that you can use to store other things. And beer always winds up in the sewer anyway - you would just be changing the path that it took to get there
Old 03-14-2010, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is awesome :P Well done!!!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Northfolk, the red cup was a great idea to avoid the hassling questions. Instead of disguising what one is drinking through the Paper Bag, using a typical party cup to disguise that one is NOT drinking alcohol.... Also glad that you got through the party without other problems.

If you have to get rid of the leftovers by dumping, then go ahead, I guess. Too bad somebody couldn't pick them up, but I guess they would not be appealing. Plus, it's not like throwing away library books or fresh food, ha ha.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thats amazingg... i cant believe you've only been sober 6 weeks and you were hardly even thinking about drinking.
i wish i had that kind of strength & will power. im a little inspired actually
Old 03-14-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dump em or call a someone from the party and say I have some leftover beer. Want it?

Awesome job on staying sober through the party and still being able to enjoy yourself.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would call one of the neighbors or a friend and donate your extra beer....just because you are unable to drink it, others might appreciate and enjoy the gift
Old 03-14-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Northfork

I'm glad things went well for you
My advice is...dump them. Don't delay.

It's not gold, its beer...and I dunno about you but that stuff is really really bad for me

D