SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The Recovery Class Of One Day At A Time (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/196675-recovery-class-one-day-time.html)

Luckyv2 03-13-2010 04:20 AM

The Recovery Class Of One Day At A Time

For those that would like to join me in staying sober and clean one day at a time. check on in!

I know how hard it is in the first 6 months. I just walked through it again. It was worse this time than it has ever been before. I know today that I have obtained this gift of sobriety, but I also realize in my heart that there is never going to be another Chance at Recovery.

How we stay sober One Day At A Time, is what this is all about. We all have different avenues in which we take in sobriety, but we all have the same common problem! Alcohol / Drugs. Now we quest for our adventure into being sober the common solution.

Thanks for being here for me cause you all are helping me so much to stay out of my own head!:day6

24hrsAday 03-13-2010 04:35 AM

Amen! i Only Can Do it.. One Day At A Time! i Myself Respect ALL Sobriety.. i Use A.A. But That is Just Me! Good Post Chance!:c011:

FBL 03-13-2010 04:46 AM

"One Day At A Time" has been my mantra since June 22, 2009. I'm now enjoying my 265th consecutive "ODAAT" and each one is even better than the last:)

Omega10 03-13-2010 06:14 AM

Count me in on the adventure! If it is one thing I have been learning lately, it is that all you can do is one day at a time.

NellieM 03-13-2010 06:17 AM

I've put together a tape in my head of the worst moments -- recorded a list of them on paper, too -- to play for myself when the monkey mind starts playing its tricks. It won't be different the next tiime. I've already proven that. So today, I'm not drinking.
thanks for starting this thread, Chance.

NEOMARXIST 03-13-2010 12:16 PM

Without One day at a time then I would not still be sober. When times get tough just get back to basics, get your head down. do what you gotta do to get through each day sober 'one day at a time'

Good post.

Luckyv2 03-13-2010 06:17 PM

Still sober one day at a time. Had a major panic attack that lasted almost 2 or more hours but it seems to be fading away now that I've talked about it with a few people. Some that I have known and one that just PMed me to help. Your help was much appreciated and it really is nothing to fear. Thanks for being here. All of you cause I can't stay sober alone.

Live 03-13-2010 07:28 PM

howdy, friend...glad to see you again!

Luckyv2 03-15-2010 03:58 PM

Thanks good to be seen!

Well today makes another day of staying sober.

Just got back from my happy hour meeting, got me another sponsor.

Assignment is to do step 2 in the AA Big Book. Which is BTW Chapter 4 We Agnostics so I will be taking a little time reading that tonight although I try and read something everyday.

Fandy 03-15-2010 05:47 PM

now I know what ODAAT means....

thanks Chance, great thread, count me in too! I've now had 28 ODAATs.

MahiMahi 03-15-2010 05:59 PM

Congrats on your sober time, keep up the great work. Panic attacks are horrible I have had them most all of my life especially if I had to do a presentation in class. My cure was benzos or alcohol back then now my nerves seem to be getting better everyday I stay clean.

Luckyv2 03-15-2010 08:23 PM

The reason I started this thread is cause I kept seeing The Class Of August 2009 September 2010 etc. and I thought hey we are all taught to live Sober One Day At A Time so let's make a Class for that and maybe we can get some of these Elders of AA and NA to come in and teach us how to live Sober. Just was a thought I do a lot of that.

Today has been such a peaceful day finally! I got to my Happy hour meeting and that was a very good meeting. I got me another sponsor, and he and I used to party back in the day but the dude has 25 years of continuous sobriety so I reached out. What is cool about it is we are the same age also. He just learned and he yet has relapsed.

Luckyv2 03-16-2010 07:44 AM

Here I am waking up sober! A Clear head so far, not any fears, or worries today so far. If they come than I will have to Practice the Program to get rid of them. Just for today, One day at a time. We are sober today!:c029:

Fandy 03-16-2010 07:49 AM

my anxiety has lessened considerably with newfound sobriety....when I can think more clearly, I tend to get less exercise "jumping to conclusions" and imagining the worst possible scenario...in other words I act calm and rational....and I have a LOT more patience.

Luckyv2 03-16-2010 11:15 PM

Today's been a very long day but so filled with a good attitude. Chance and I were outside soaking up the sun and having a blast. He is such a good Friend.

So yep another day at staying sober.:c011:

Luckyv2 03-18-2010 10:28 AM

Well it looks like we made it through another 24 hrs. Pressing ON!

We refuse to give up!~

We refuse to Give IN!~

We just refuse ehhh!

FuzzyFatSacks 03-18-2010 10:50 AM

Checking in!!

ODAAT - Something I repeat to myself several times a day and has helped me immensely through these first few weeks. Without it I'd still be stuck at home with a glass of wine in hand.

Luckyv2 03-20-2010 10:27 AM

I missed a few days on checking in but still sober today ODAAT glad to see some new faces too :):c011: