Notices

what a screwup- had 7 days and then drank two glasses of wine

Old 03-14-2010, 08:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

Man, get a sponsor PRONTO! Start working some steps. That's where the psychological/spiritual shift begins. "Confidence" after 7 days doesn't really seem like confidence at all to me. More like denial and reservations. Your addiction wants you dead my friend. Don't let it do it to you.

Going to meetings is a great start. Congrats. But the animals who hang on the fringes of the herd are the ones who get eaten. Get your butt in the middle of the herd. Get a sponsor and a home group. Do a 90 in 90. Get phone numbers and dial 'em don't file 'em. Work some steps. It works if you work it! I'm pulling for you friend. Namaste.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Originally Posted by augustwest View Post
Man, get a sponsor PRONTO! Start working some steps. That's where the psychological/spiritual shift begins. "Confidence" after 7 days doesn't really seem like confidence at all to me. More like denial and reservations. Your addiction wants you dead my friend. Don't let it do it to you.

Going to meetings is a great start. Congrats. But the animals who hang on the fringes of the herd are the ones who get eaten. Get your butt in the middle of the herd. Get a sponsor and a home group. Do a 90 in 90. Get phone numbers and dial 'em don't file 'em. Work some steps. It works if you work it! I'm pulling for you friend. Namaste.
Good points augustwest. I was told this. That term, "on the wagon" means the ones who fall off the wagon are hanging off the edges, and when the wagon hits a bump, they fall off, because they don't have a secure foothold. The ones who stay on the wagon, they are all seated with each other, so when the wagon hits a bump, they are nestled snuggly with each other, and no one falls off.

The phone numbers, yes, pick...up...the...phone!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good points augustwest. I was told this. That term, "on the wagon" means the ones who fall off the wagon are hanging off the edges, and when the wagon hits a bump, they fall off, because they don't have a secure foothold. The ones who stay on the wagon, they are all seated with each other, so when the wagon hits a bump, they are nestled snuggly with each other, and no one falls off.
Great analogy!
Old 03-14-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

Dear Dub,
I finally went to meeting when overwhelmed with cravings i am here to tell you WHAT A LIFESAVER!!!!!
Spared from that eventual drinking hell! day 12 today and passed through another valley of craving last night when couldnt get to meeting so went to servo and quaffed down dark choc and soda,not healthy but anythings better than back on the drink merry-go around!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 03:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=NEOMARXIST;2539881]Dub... Keep away from the booze man. Simple.

Tell your wife you're an alcoholic, if she doesn't already know, and that to drink is to die.

If you're still struggling believing that statement then maybe there is your answer?

peace and Love man[/QUO

she knows dude. I am presently unable to control my mind???? What is the logic with that? Freaking out a bit