Notices

Day 12 Feelin Rough!

Old 03-10-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day 12 Feelin Rough!

Hi All, Well so far made day12 today pleased ,:oh yes, However bin Feelin like Death Warmed up for the past Nearly 3, Just Total wipeout,no energy slept most of the day yesterday,i had to get to work today,cant afford to lose another days pay..So turned in an fortunately had a steady job mostly drivin the forklift truck,just as well, every part of me aches, my head is pounding, throat is on fire, Coughing up Stuff, Fatigue,home now just about to crash with a hot cup of tea...Am pretty sure this is to do with detox, am eating well,drinking,Keepin warm.. And am sure a day or two more will be the beginnings of gettin back to good shape, So really jus wanted to say feelin pretty lousy..But good that i know am heading in the right Direction...
Best regards. KC.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You ARE heading in the right direction and I promise you it will get better. Your body and brain are getting used to functioning normally but it takes a while. Be good to yourself, good food, lots of water and juice, vitamin B, milk thistle helps to detox the liver. Congrats on day twelve!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats and it does get better, the physical symptoms of detox at least Like least says ...plenty of fluid (O.J is good) Vitamin B12 and fruit/veg I found camomille tea helped me
Old 03-10-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope you wake feeling better tomorrow....never heard of having a sore throat? but everyone is different....

lighter diet, broth-based soup, vitamins, liver supplements(milk-thistle, tumeric, artichoke is in mine) and some time and kindness to your body.

oh and congrats on your 12 days!!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I'm sorry you are feeling a little ruff today, but in early recovery it is just like getting on a Roller Coaster Ride.

You've decided that drinking isn't good, so you bought yourself a ticket to the Roller Coaster Of Recovery. You've paid for your ticket, that clerk took it, he made sure that you are buckled in good for the ride, so you don't all out. He pulls the switch, and off we go. We have no control as to what turns, twist, curves, or bends we go through, we can't stop the ride, we are not in control. So today, just make sure that you make sure you seat belt is tightened down really good today!

Wonderful on your 12 days!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On my path.

((KC))

Maybe you ARE sick, as in a cold/flu type illness. That is what happened to me at about two weeks sober.

Sorry you are not feeling well. Great work on the 12 days!

Old 03-10-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I decided to stop drinking in the middle of a bout with a GI virus...my symptoms overlapped each other , so I had EXTRA nausea, lower GI problems....
Old 03-10-2010, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Smile

55438, And all thanks for support..yes is on the lines of cold/Flu style illness..though am pretty sure would class as Detox,as i beleive, ever noticed once you"ve had a heavy cold or flu, afterwards you feel like Brand new..Cleansed Almost..all those impurities being
got out..How it feels, I should add im hopin to get to the brand new Cleansed bit Soon,
Old 03-10-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are heading in the right direction.
Well done on day 12!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good your here keep coming back
Old 03-11-2010, 03:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling better today. Congrats on 13 days now!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes" 13 today, Apart from losing my voice and Taking another day Off Work.. I want to remind myself about going through this, im determined now, to not throw it all away on whims, surges of temptation, cravings,Depression, i would really like to beleive this is my time to stay sober..The thoughts of giving in again and having to come back here and say sorry guys...Gave in and back on day 1, are not an option!!! thanks again for all words of support..Also i wish all others in early days the best of Luck.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey, KC; glad you came back to tell us....apart from the withdrawal symptoms, you sound like you have some winter cold/sore throat, laryngitis thing going on...It is possible to get sick on top of withdrawal, given the time of year, decreased immunity....GREAT thoughts on not backsliding....it IS your time, you've made to be....13 Days one at a time will add up....I've never made it this long before myself (Day #24 for me)

feel better soon....try some tea with honey/lemon for soothing your sore throat...vitamin C too.