SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 14 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/196196-day-14-a.html)

SCAMY04 03-06-2010 08:28 AM

Day 14

2 weeks ive been sober anxiety still comes and goes at night seems like its been forever I still think about drinking seen a guy at the store last night with 3 cases waiting to check out looked at me and said gotta have sunday beer a term I know well see in georgia outside of bars restraunts ect they do not sell alcohol on sundays i thought that was me always worried id run out i also have been thinking alot about green beer my birthday is the 18th one day after st patricks dayWe would always go drink green beer I have a lot of irish in me this year will be green tea or soda but so far today I feel fine :c031:

NEOMARXIST 03-06-2010 08:29 AM

Nice one on 14 days sober.

peace

CarolD 03-06-2010 08:43 AM

:funjump:

SCAMY04 03-06-2010 08:57 AM

thanks for support everyone

HumbleBee 03-06-2010 12:58 PM

Hello Scamy ~

It was amazing to realize how much of my life revolved around alcohol when I first stopped drinking.

I did the same thing..."gotta stock up for when the store's closed - God knows I can't run out of booze; St. Paddy's day comin' up - green beer and erin go bragh; got a new job, let's celebrate; just got laid off, gotta drown my sorrows; it's raining, I'm bored, might as well drink; it's sunny out, beachtime - grab the cooler, let's go!!"

Everything was a license to drink and if something didn't occur naturally, I found myself creating reasons to justify it.

Now that's insane...

Fortunately, I found that the association of events, etc. and its association with alcohol lessens in time. Now I don't 'react' to situations with thoughts of a drink - it's just the way it is.

Good thing, too - I always told my friends that I'll never understand how/why I got sober during a recession :rotfxkobut I did and think it's actually made me a stronger and better person for it.

vegibean 03-06-2010 06:38 PM

Congrats on your two weeks!!! :c011:

Paula2010 03-06-2010 06:49 PM

Well done scammy on the two weeks sober! I am four weeks tomorrow and the anxiety is still lurking every now and again, way better now than it was though so I am hopeful that it will improve!! Sees odd seeing other people buying beer and wine doesnt it, I often find myself thinking and wondering if they are in the same sense of denial that I was in.. or if they are able to buy wine and beer and not drink again the rest of the week.. I never thought about those things before :-/ Anyway I am just grateful that I have made it to the four week mark, its been a struggle but I got there, now I have to work out how I avoid those 'markers' in the year that traditionally I would have had a drink on.. like its my 40th in May.. and my brothers wedding.. and holidays, they are my next challenge!
All good today though and one day at a time..:wave:

SCAMY04 03-07-2010 11:48 AM

Day 15 and i feel pretty good watched some movies last night with my family slept good its gotten fairly warm here in georgia I think Ill grill after the race

SCAMY04 03-08-2010 10:29 AM

The spring air

It may not be quit spring but it feels like it I have many things I enjoy in the spring all of which I usually do drinking so I know Im gonna be tempted I already am Its gona be hard today is day 16:ring

SCAMY04 03-08-2010 12:47 PM

Things i enjoyed i hope i still can

wichitalineman 03-08-2010 07:49 PM

Scamy, congratulations on your 15+ days!! This is just the beginning of a tidal wave of awesomeness and auspiciousness. Huge props to you for getting to 15 days - that was a big one for me. Keep it going strong, and congrats! :)

coffeenut 03-08-2010 08:02 PM

Way to go!

Horselover 03-09-2010 07:44 AM

Congratulations Scamy! 2 weeks is a tough time, but you did it. Be proud! Don't let the temptation of St. Patty's day or your birthday make you drink again. Do whatever you've been doing these 2 weeks and stay strong friend. Come here and post if you need to, but don't pick up. You are on a roll!! If you can do the first 2 weeks you can do anything. Seriously!! :)