SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Well..end of day two- almost (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/196146-well-end-day-two-almost.html)

dedubya 03-05-2010 02:41 PM

Well..end of day two- almost

I knew things could get rough today- so I decided to fight WDs with a creative plan...took my Harley out for a nice ride when the weather warmed up, then rode it to my first AA meeting in months. It was great- a bit emotional, I saw one of my old best buds in there that I hadn't seen in a long time and sat beside him. That was awesome, I guess he got tired of the rock star lifestyle as well- because we certainly brought the house down MANY times years back. We hugged and well- maybe a small 'tear-up'- it was cool.

I am going to another meeting in about an hour. 2 today! I still don't understand how I just have anxiety, the last 'go-round' I was sweating and shaking and basically dead for 2 days. No complaints. One day at a time.
Hope everyone is doing great - looking forward to tomorrow- I mean day 3!!!!
Love and Peace to All
Dub

redwine 03-05-2010 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by dedubya (Post 2534244)
I knew things could get rough today- so I decided to fight WDs with a creative plan...took my Harley out for a nice ride when the weather warmed up, then rode it to my first AA meeting in months. It was great- a bit emotional, I saw one of my old best buds in there that I hadn't seen in a long time and sat beside him. That was awesome, I guess he got tired of the rock star lifestyle as well- because we certainly brought the house down MANY times years back. We hugged and well- maybe a small 'tear-up'- it was cool.

I am going to another meeting in about an hour. 2 today! I still don't understand how I just have anxiety, the last 'go-round' I was sweating and shaking and basically dead for 2 days. No complaints. One day at a time.
Hope everyone is doing great - looking forward to tomorrow- I mean day 3!!!!
Love and Peace to All
Dub

Harley for a ride = WIN.
Best bud, emotional, hug = WIN.
No complaints - WIN.
Looking forward to tomorrow = WIN.

I'm just sayin', is all.

Anna 03-05-2010 03:46 PM

Good for you, Dub!

NEOMARXIST 03-05-2010 03:55 PM

Nice one man!!

peace

Fandy 03-05-2010 05:03 PM

Go Dub!!!! I hope Day 3 and some continued good weather eases your anxiety even more. every day you will feel better.

FuzzyFatSacks 03-05-2010 06:29 PM

Awesome! Sounds like you're doing great.

leec 03-05-2010 09:32 PM

I'm closing out my day 3. Haven't been to a real meeting yet. I wish I had a bike ... I need to get one. About 1000 times a day I just want to take off an be somewhere else. I keep thinking about the desert. Hang in there man - I think that whole "one day at a time" thing is right on and the only way to get it done.

NEOMARXIST 03-06-2010 02:11 AM

I agree with the 'one day at a time' thing being crucial. When I am starting to struggle a little I have to go back to basics and just pledge to myself that "just for today I will not drink"

peace and Love Dubs. Keep The Faith.

least 03-06-2010 03:50 AM

Way to go Dub!:scoregood Keep it up one day at a time. :grouphug:

ghostgirl 03-06-2010 05:07 AM

how are you today? i hope you have a wonderful day sober!

gg

dedubya 03-06-2010 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by ghostgirl (Post 2534683)
how are you today? i hope you have a wonderful day sober!

gg

Hello ghostg
Thanks for asking. I am doing well. however last night my anxiety got pretty intense for some reason...I slept about 7 hrs so that is good.
Dub