SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   60 days today (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/195957-60-days-today.html)

Beligerent 03-02-2010 05:47 PM

60 days today

Hi all,

Somehow I have 60 days sober today. Last drink was December 31st, 2009. I was wondering when the real clarity starts to come? I do feel quite different than I did 60 days ago but I mean the real crystal clear clarity.

Thanks,

Norm

ANGELINA243 03-02-2010 05:54 PM

Congrats! Way to go! :c011: For me, things started to become pretty clear when I got around 90 days sober. Plus doing stepwork at the same time helped.

Impurrfect 03-02-2010 06:01 PM

Congratulations on 60 days!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

coffeenut 03-02-2010 06:51 PM

Congratulations! Ahhhh....clarity...it really is different for everyone (I know you don't want to hear that, sorry!).

I agree that around 90 days it was pretty distinct. But I think as time passes, it just happens so naturally and slowly. I'm almost 2 years sober....and in the last 6 months I've had 2 distinct moments that brought me to my knees with clarity.

Just enjoy the ride. It's one that just keeps getting better.

least 03-02-2010 06:56 PM

Congrats on sixty days!!:c029: It does get better. Give it time. :grouphug:

FuzzyFatSacks 03-02-2010 07:22 PM

Congratulations!

SparklingSeven 03-03-2010 03:25 AM

Well done on your 60 days!!! - I was told not to expect too much too soon then I could never be dissapointed.

keithj 03-03-2010 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Beligerent (Post 2531711)
I do feel quite different than I did 60 days ago but I mean the real crystal clear clarity.

Congrats on the 60 days. Others are telling you a little differently, but all the brief periods of not drinking I had always ended up being little breaks between long periods of 24/7 drunkenness.

There was no light at the end of the tunnel for me. I'd always feel great, feel strong, think I'd turned a corner. After a time not drinking, life would sort of lose its zip, get flat, and I'd be looking for the bottle.

Real clarity and real recovery came by having a spiritual awakening as the result of AA's 12 Steps. Whole different ballgame that I found necessary to be content without booze. Like roots grasping new soil.

It's just my experience with waiting around for something to happen. Something always happened alright; it just wasn't something I wanted. I see hundreds of people every year get a few months behind them and then get drunk when the magic wears off.

Originally Posted by AA BB 1st
All of us felt at times that we were regaining control, but such intervals usually brief were inevitably followed by still less control, which led in time to pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization.

Fandy 03-03-2010 08:49 AM

I totally agree with coffeenut.....now I am newly sober of only 16 days and do not have much experience to fall back on, but I certainly won't put doom and gloom on you when you are doing so well...

but sobriety is not a one size (or program) that fits all....your problem is individual as mine is....trust in yourself that you are doing something right, one day at a time. I hope to get to your point too, I think 60 days is quite an accomplishment and good foundation. congratulations!!!!

Mcribb 03-03-2010 09:23 AM

damn i am coming up on 60 days.....59 days from now!

Kjell 03-03-2010 09:38 AM

We have the same sobriety date (or close to it as my last drink was New Years 12/31/09).

For me, sobriety has been mostly painful and very awkward. I'm a mess without my solution to life (which was alcohol), but I'm learning to live without it and to live "life on life's terms". I have to b/c I don't have a choice - I can never drink again w/ success.

I jumped into AA and I also do an outpatient program. Both, along with SR, are very helpful.

I think it's just going to take time for us both. I wish you good luck.

Kjell

Mcribb 03-03-2010 10:54 AM

Kjell the more you put yourself in awkward situations and deal with them, the less awkward they get.

NEOMARXIST 03-03-2010 11:01 AM

Nice one on 60 days!

peace

Toronto68 03-03-2010 12:02 PM

Bel, I don't know how to give a straight answer to that, but if it does any good, I am posting a link to something I said on a related note about my own experience:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2532299