Notices

Need Help quitting Roxies...

Old 03-01-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Help quitting Roxies...

It all started last year during my first year of college. Well kind of... I smoked weed in high school but it got up to 6-8 times a day in college. I still maintained decent grades but I got addicted to the feeling of not being sober. With smoking brought about a lot of anxiety problems and i often felt like my life was going down the hole and I was going crazy. By the spring semester me and my girlfriend of two years broke up. I found my new girlfriend Sam who I felt was more fun, better looking and I guess more in the scene of getting '****** up'. Last June I tried my first roxy with my girlfriend and I loved the feeling. It took away the anxiety and I could finally just relax. I started doing them occassionally maybe once a month, then it proggressively got worse. By last October I was doing roughly one per week, by December maybe 3-4 per week. My sister is an addict and I guess I used that as an excuse to do them. I know she does anywhere from 6-10 a day and I used that to not feel bad. For the past 2 months I have been doing 1 roughly on a daily basis and I am starting to get really scared. I want to stop and I don't want to let my family down. I have not done one for a day now and I am already going through bad withdrawel. I get the goosebumps every 10 minutes can hardly sleep and wake up in a pile of sweat with a horrible head-ache. I have no way of getting subboxin to get off of it and I have one sitting next to me I know I will probably do. I go to school so I cant just sit in my house and get through the withdrawel, I am constantly doing work and have to be up. I need advice. Maybe doing this last pill in incrimintes of half today quarter tomorow half a quarter the next day will help? Just need advice... I am also scared that me and my girlfriend are only happpy when on roxies, and I know that is not how I want to live my life.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you have decided to stop using the drugs.

It would be a good idea to talk to your dr and come up with a plan to get off the pills. I hope that weaning off the drugs works for you.

It's normal to be scared about what life will be like when you are clean and sober. Most of us go through that. It will be different and there may be hard choices to make. Your relationship with your girlfriend, if it depends on the drugs, may not work out for you. But, you will be in a good frame of mind to deal with life.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Anna has some great advice, NF.

We also have a Substance Abuse forum you may wanna check out
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR
D