Notices

Moving Forward, Leaving old habits in the dust!

Old 02-28-2010, 08:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi HumbleBee! When "bump" is posted it moves the thread back up towards the top so more people will notice it.

Bump
Up
My
Old 03-01-2010, 04:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

another new habit....enjoying early morning coffee and relaxing a little in theAM..my routine is not so rushed and filled with ANXIETY because I am up almost 2 hours earlier than I when I was hung over.

another new habit....making my bed in the morning...it is nice to come home to a tidy bedroom and bathroom...instead of looking like a hurrican ran through it.

for HumbleBee....BUMP! LOL
Old 03-01-2010, 06:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post

Bump
Up
My
Thanks, Hevyn! I'm not into rap, but couldn't help thinking:

Pump
Up
The
Jams
when I saw your reply. :rotfxko
Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Fandy,

Love this post! I have also discovered the hidden joys coffee and making the bed in the morning. Who knew! Congratulations on your 12+ days sober, it only gets better and better, as I am discovering. Here's to the coffee club!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

My dishwasher gets loaded every night. When I get up in the morning and walk in the kitchen it is clean and tidy and I have clean plates and cups.

It was never like that when I was drinking
Old 03-01-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I feel more peaceful when I don't see a huge mess (that I have made)....I would like to get back to the habit of reading books for pleasure...I used to do this regularly, just good old fiction and escapism, maybe even a trashy novel or two....

I am looking into purchasing the NOOK from Barnes and Noble...(maybe next month)....I won't allow myself to buy it if I backslide into old habits....it is too expensive and sooo cool,(it holds 1500 books in the basic memory) but you have to be SOBER to fully enjoy it....(can't go to Barnes and Noble for the freebies if you are not)..the B&N by my house is huge, it has a full Starbucks and food options.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi Fandy,

That sounds like a positive thing to enjoy in your sobriety. I hardly ever have the TV on now when I am in the house on my own. It used to be on all the time as I couldn't stand the silence. Now that the washing machine head has gone and it's still.......I enjoy the peace.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I've seen the different e-readers that other people at work have, this one is the newest with the fancy touch screen, change the font size, so light, only 12 ounces...but again to read and retain what i've read, I have to be sober! so it is positive reenforcement of my new habits...and yes, quiet and peaceful, I like that too.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I just realized tonight that I have another habit that I have formed. It's not even a habit, it is a full fledged routine! I come straight home after work (habit #1), and when I get in I brush my cat's fur for a while (habit #2). He's developed the habit too. He runs to the spot where the brush is and purrs really loudly until I go there and start brushing him.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I gave myself a microdermabrasion treatment and green apple facial tonight, then applied vitamin C serum....I don't think i have done that in almost 6 months!...brightened up my skin quite nicely.....

this should become a weekly habit i hope!
Old 03-05-2010, 04:28 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Bump....

new habit for sober weekend coming up...taking myself to a new opening movie!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

That's a good one. I have just spent Friday evening watching a Star Wars film (again) at home. My 7 year old gets to choose what we get to do together each evening.

He really loves this time we spend together.....I can see how important it is to him (and me).
Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

This is a great thread.

My really hardest time is also between 5.00-and 7.30 pm. As soon as I walked in the door I'd crack a beer, followed by a shot of CC and the party began. That would continue until I had dinner then I'd usually fall asleep watching TV and wake up at midnight and go to bed. What a life. I found if I can make it through the 5.00- to 7.30 period and once I had dinner the urges are much less. Soooooo, I joined a gym and now work out from 5.30-7.00 and eat the minute I get in the door. Since Jan 1 I've lost 17 pounds. I'm only 5 days into my sobriety, but it really feels different this time!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Bump...cleaned out a room that had become a catch-all since Christmas...restored it to it's former glory....it's a beautiful front bedroom that was made into an office/sitting room (i couldn't walk in here easily last week, there was so much junk to be thrown out and put away).... i vacuumed, washed the furniture, lamps, dusted, removed 6 lbs. of cathair. Now I have a lovely room with lots of SUN to read or watch a DVD on the portable...it even has a "fainting couch" chaise lounge...my plants spend the winter in here and thrive, so should I....it has muted lighting for evening, so i do find it peaceful, it's freshly painted a few months ago in a lovely seagrass color...(pale green with like a bluish undertone), white carpet.

my oldest cat, a huge 20# Maine Coon is laying in the window, soaking up the sun..he is snoring so loud.....he's really glad i cleaned too...i'm pleased i invested my time in this today..it was worth it...and it was high time to put the christmas decorations away!