SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   *Whew* (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/195608-whew.html)

ChangeGonnaCome 02-25-2010 11:35 PM

*Whew*

Just finished day #59 weed free. Someone mentioned in a reply to me at some point on this site that I might soon be able to change my name to "Change Done Come". I was thinking about that quite a bit today. :o) It sure feels like a successful journey at this point.

I'm staying super busy with work and the challenge of going back to school has been more rewarding than I could have imagined. So far I'm managing to maintain an A average (I've only had 2 graded assignments - lol). I came so close to giving up on several occasions, but decided since I'd already paid for it, I might as well try to finish it.

I've been able to continue enjoy things that I used to only enjoy stoned. I seem to have a much greater appreciation for them w/o the need to step out often to take a toke.

I think getting serious about wanting more for me and finally being willing to put a plan into action is one of the hardest steps I've ever taken, but has been, without a doubt, the most rewarding. I feel a whole new sense of purpose. Actually feeling emotions is still a struggle. Some days worse than others, of course. I still crave. I still want to make a call every now and then to get a big ol' fat bag and use it as my stress reliever and escape from reality. But I haven't as of yet and the desire to do so doesn't last as long as it used to. I never really had faith or confidence in my ability to stop. I am so thankful I have been able to prove me wrong.

Thanks again to those who have helped me along the way. Best of luck to everyone in your journey. Peace and hugs!!!!!!!!!

OZboy 02-25-2010 11:43 PM

..thats a great decision....

..make sure you stay postin'..truley,weed achieves nothing..

IMO: a false buzz..and lots of harm to the mind..

..anyway,others can tell their story,as well..:tyou..Oz..

Dee74 02-26-2010 02:39 AM

Thanks for the update CGC...
congratulations on your 60 days :D

Keep dropping in... :)
D

ghostgirl 02-26-2010 05:51 AM

weed is really tough... this is good to hear!

gg

Anna 02-26-2010 06:15 AM

Great post!

I think when we begin to believe that we deserve a good life, and that we are worth it, our life begins to change for the better.

ChangeGonnaCome 02-26-2010 08:52 PM

Not sure if we can post links, but I want to try to share this. If it comes through, enjoy! If not, and you're interested, go to you tube and type in "playing for change change gonna come" and listen to their version of the song. It's soul stirring, indeed and makes you feel deep in your soul that change is sure enough gonna come. Hope everyone has a great night! Much appreciation to all of you and much love!

YouTube - Playing For Change Band: A Change Is Gonna Come (live)