SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I'm new here - hello (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/195446-im-new-here-hello.html)

GreenTrees 02-23-2010 07:59 PM

I'm new here - hello

Just introducing myself as i've just registered. I've been drinking alot for over 2 years now and it's very hard to stop. I've just admitted it to myself that this is a problem and i want to change. i'm not sure if I'm an alcoholic but I do abuse alcohol (and my husband when I'm drunk). I did an online quiz today to see where I stood on alcoholism and got 13 "yeses" out of 20 possibles!!!

Anyway, I need more information and support so here I am.
I hope to learn more and see what has helped other people deal with abusing substances/addiction.

ANGELINA243 02-23-2010 08:01 PM

Welcome! Glad you are here. This is a great place for support. :)

Dee74 02-23-2010 08:22 PM

Welcome Green Trees - always good to see another Aussie :)
You'll find a lot of help and support here :)

D

humblestudent 02-23-2010 08:24 PM

Hi GreenTrees - welcome. I lurked online here for about a month or so before posting. I think the tipping point for me was when I was reading post after post that I could've written myself. Even in the wondering if I was or wasn't a "text book" alcoholic, if you will. Which, there probably isn't one...but if this phrase applies to you, you might want to look closer at it:

One drink is one too many, and 10,000 never enough.

verytallcat 02-23-2010 08:25 PM

Welcome.

I am only on day six but i am also an aussie female.

I am glad i am not the only one.

CarolD 02-23-2010 08:41 PM

Welcome to SR......:wavey:

Glad you are here

Fubarcdn 02-23-2010 10:50 PM

Welcome to SR Green Trees :welcome
Realizing that you have a drinking problem is a good start.
When I finally realized that my drinking was a big problem I gave it up with the support that I got from the people here at this forum.
The only other tool I use is the CBA ( cost benefit analysis) of SMART recovery but a lot of people also use some face to face support.
Good luck to you.

least 02-24-2010 04:50 AM

Welcome to SR! :grouphug: I hope we can give you the support and information you need in your recovery.

Anna 02-24-2010 05:40 AM

Hi and Welcome,

I am glad you're seeking support.

EllaBella 02-24-2010 07:05 AM

Welcome GreenTrees, I just joined a few days ago and this is truly a wonderful online community that will give a tremendous support!

keithj 02-24-2010 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by GreenTrees (Post 2525362)
I hope to learn more and see what has helped other people deal with abusing substances/addiction.

After trying to stop drinking with the help of doctors, anti-depressants, counselors, outpatient treatment, inpatient rehab, and AA with no Step work, and failing miserably each time, I recovered by having a spiritual awakening as the result of AA's 12 Steps.

Life has never been the same since I admitted complete defeat and took the action suggested in AA's Big Book.

GreenTrees 02-25-2010 08:50 PM

Thanks for the welcome everyone. See you around the forum!

thirtybubba 02-25-2010 10:54 PM

Welcome :wavey:

Look forward to seeing you around...

Take care,
TB

OZboy 02-25-2010 11:18 PM

..take care,welcome and thanx 4 postin'..

...isn't nice to reach the World with such an important decision..

..glad you've joined this site..ozy..