Notices

speed wobbles on the road to recovery....

Old 02-21-2010, 10:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

speed wobbles on the road to recovery....

So for the past 5 days I have cleaned up my act - I have not had a drink and feeling rather proud of myself (maybe a little premature?), good timing if you consider uni starts back today. After my initial undergrad, my history with uni is long and complex- interspersed between very good marks there was alot of -changing courses, deferring, withdrawing units etc etc and occsionly - failing, not because I did badly but because I did nothing at all (cut into drinking time). This moring I was all excited to be starting back in my final push (only 4 units to go finally!) and logged on to the portal - wasn't I surprised to find out I am in acedemic probation! I mean it, I was surprised because I was not enrolled last semester and the semester before I was in good standing - so how could I have failed and got myself put on probation??

Anyway - I found out why, there had been a mixup and I had remained enrolled in some courses even though I had withdrawn and because I never did the exams a fail was recorded - easy fixed, but the probation, nope, I may have to appeal - the sad thing was when I looked at my record with all the withdrawls I was so ashamed - especially knowing the girl on the other end of the phone was looking at the same thing. I almost want to just accept it even though this is a genuine mistake - I feel like it may be a type of pennace for all that I have done and all the time wasted. Somewhere in my mind I think I thought now that I have decided to make a positive change, things would fall into place haha - very spoilt brat I know - I think I am just amused at my own thought processes.

Mix ups like these - ones that get my blood pressure up - really stupid little things, have ALWAYS been the things to trigger a night of drinking - I guess I am going to be logging on tonight!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's annoying when that stuff happens, but an appeal is a pretty easy thing to do...they want your tuition fees after all LOL

see your Enrolments Officer, you can see the Student Union as backup...go all the way to the Dean of your Faculty if you have to

Hope it gets worked out soon
D
Old 02-22-2010, 12:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope everything goes well for you!