Notices

I've even surprised myself

Old 02-19-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've even surprised myself

I am here to whine; so quit reading now if you don't want to hear it. My fibromyalgia has been relentless since Nov. Not to mention before that I was in and out of the hospital for my bipolar disorder. On January 6 I lost my Grandma who I was very close to. The day we laid her to rest my Father-in-law passed away.
I haven't drank and am coming up on 2 years on Feb. 24, but right now that doesn't even seen to matter. It seems as if my world is crashing down around me.
I am feeling very desperate right now as all I seem to be able to do is the bare minimum, but mostly laying in bed because of the pain a fatigue.

Thanks for listening,
Suzette
Old 02-19-2010, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((toomutch))) hang in there...
Old 02-19-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

((hugs))

I glanced at my friend's list Thursday and saw your name and was wondering how you were.

I'm so sorry for your loss

I'll be keeping you in my prayers!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I can do nothing for your problems but I can offer you a big (((hug))) and keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

(((much love to you)))
Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

I fear that the most in recovery, losing the one's I am closest too. My grand father is in his 70's and my grandmother right behind him and I often wonder how will I make it through that when it happens. So, I'm not sure what to tell you, other than don't drink. It isn't going to help, just make it worse. We all know that but at times like these our alcoholic/addict brains tell us to go and drink or use. So, try to remember that!

Hang in there and if you need to PM me you can!!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
(((Suzette))) Sending you prayers, I always like seeing you pop up here on SR. I'm sorry for your losses and the pain in your life.

I wish I had the right words for you. Everyone always told me that God never gives us more than we can handle, but there are also many people in recovery that say it's BS, He pushes us and heaps more on to make us stronger. That's what I've come to believe, and I have faith that the worst of times are just part of the plan or big picture.

If the most you can do right now is cry out in desperation, then do it. Listen quietly for the answers. Remember that a drink or drug never improved anything, it's only momentary relief from the insanity. And never ever forget that you have friends and loved ones that care and are always thinking of you.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((suzette))))

So good to see you but I'm sorry you're having such a bad time. February is a bad month for me too. You've been in my thoughts and I was wondering how you were doing.

Thanks for posting! I hope we see more of you around here. Know I'm sending my best thoughts to you. So sorry to hear about your losses.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 02-19-2010, 11:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry for your losses, Suzette.
Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
I am feeling very desperate right now as all I seem to be able to do is the bare minimum
Hang in there, I know it sounds like a cliché, but.. sometimes that's what it takes. Sending you lots of love.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((Suzette)) - so sorry for your losses and your pain, but I continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-19-2010, 01:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry things are going so badly Suzette.
Hope they get better soon.

D
Old 02-19-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was also wondering what was going on with you - just the other day. I'm glad you posted, even though it's not good news.

I pray things will get better for you, Suzette. Maybe you'll post more often to help vent during this time & release a little of the pressure/anxiety. I'm proud you didn't drink. It's so good when we finally realize it is not an answer.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Suzette

Wow, I think of you often. When I do it is usually in regard to the model of courage you have been to me and others. You "rent space" in my head and heart. And you've paid the rent many times. I haven't been around here much lately, but when I am I always look for your name.

May things do nothing but improve for you, my friend. May peace come with the spring. May all that you have done for others flower with the crocuses.

warren
Old 02-19-2010, 02:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Suzette, you are in my prayers. It's ok to do the bare minimum, sweetie, just take it as slowly as you need to. Love, Jomey
Old 02-19-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I agree with Jomey, Suzette. Just do what you need to do in order to get through this time in your life and I believe you believe in prayer. If you can turn anything over to Him now would be the time. I will be praying hard for you.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

..Prayers for your grief..AML..Oz..