Notices

Day 29 - Reassurance

Old 02-17-2010, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 29 - Reassurance

Hi All,

First, I'm on Day 29 and (again, touching wood) everything is great. I helped my son with his homework last night, helped get the kiddos to bed, watched the Olympics with my wife, laughed together, read and went to bed. It's nice doing what "normal" people do for a change.

Anyways, I had a follow up appointment with my cardiologist and it went great. She said I'm in great health, she gave me a huge hug when I told her I'm in AA, and it was just a great appointment overall.

I point that out as I've read a lot about people with symptoms and wondering if other people have experienced the same thing, etc, etc. I would just encourage anyone and everyone that, if something is stressing you out, deal with it. Go see the doctor, find a psychiatrist/therapist, etc, etc.

I don't think I'm alone with this issue, but I'm an expert of being 'wost case scenario' guy. My brain will take any small symptom and turn it into the worst thing out there.

Even if there is something (and I've had that, too), it's so much better to know and get treated now than just letting it grow in your brain.

Sorry for dragging on but I hope this message helps someone out there today. If not, then please disregard as yet another RacerX rant session!

Everyone take care and here's to the sober life!

RacerX
Old 02-17-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on the *big* Day 2..I hope i can get to your point. thanks for "ranting" I find it helpful.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fandy, glad you're on Day 2, good to see you back.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Maybe being stubborn will finally work for me instead of against me....I can grab at sobriety like a dog with a bone....that's a plausible spin for me right now.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi Racer