Notices

10 days in feeling ahhhhh

Old 02-10-2010, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 days in feeling ahhhhh

hi all
well read some of the posts and threads and they seem to help u through the dark.
like i said 10 days. feeling paronoid. the liver feels like it might explode putting pressure on my back and stomach. my stomaches sore gurging farting and burping. this happened after 5 days. yes i did go to the doc today. Gonna have a stomach scan sometime in near future. yes they do have the machines on the nhs in england. in the mean time i have been on the internet convincing myself i have a week to go before i die with liver cirrohis[still cant spell it,and maybe i only have a week to learn it}**** at least i found u during this endless surfing. now im gonna dump all my **** on u ta.
so anyone else have similar things happen to their body. ofcourse it could all be the figment of my imagination as i ride these highs and lows and o so paronoid. or any other symtons and for what lenght. i do not know how long these things stay on the net but in 3 years times some poor ******* who has hardley slept in 3 days may find your unusual syptoms on a thread. then in his or her derranged state track back all the threads u have ever posted and work out they r still alive 8 months later.
thing is possibly u may have 8 months more to live rather than the week u have to lean to spell cyrossis{trying another spelling}. so if its u and its 2013 i hope u live and i know u can stay off ther booze,sause with these lot. i am smiling in there presence almost enough to get committed probably

ta danzoo
Old 02-10-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi Danzoo and welcome.

It is good to see you here. Feeling the way you feeling is really quite common for someone who has just recently quit drinking. Your body has a lot of healing to do and that also happens in the brain as well as the liver and other parts of the body. So feeling anxious and paranoid are understandable.

I'm glad you went to the doctor. If the doctor thought you were in immediate danger you would have been referred straight away (they can do that on the NHS). If you are really, really concerned you can go to A&E but I would guess they will probably just refer you back to your GP, when they have reassured you.

Now you have 10 days sober have you decided how you are going to say sober? We need some plan of action to keep us from drinking.

Have you considered AA? They have a solution and it's free, you have nothing to lose.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Addicts and alcoholics love to self diagnose, Dan

Like intention said - if you only had a week to live I reckon you'd have had that scan and God knows what else.

Try not to worry - I've thought I was dying a time or two as well.
Hasn't happened yet

Welcome to SR
D
Old 02-10-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! Early sobriety can be a 'bumpy road' for a while. It takes some time for your body and brain to get back to functioning normally, but it will get better. Hang in there and don't drink no matter what!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Hi Danzoo.

Whenever I detox, such as right now, I tend to get a lot of gas around days two and three. I also get back and chest aches and aches in my kidneys. These things are normal because the body is adjusting to the detoxification.

Ultimately it depends on how much you have drunk and for how long. If you're on day 10 then the toxins have gone from your system. What you are probably now experiencing is your body fighting to get itself back to it's normal functionality. Chemicals are readjusting and so forth.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hi thanks for all yr replies. i drank moderatly every day for 15 years 2 to 11 beers a night average 3-6 500ml cans. i started as soon as i got in and finished when it was time for bed.the only thing slowing me down were making the dinner and doing some chores.i would of never of considered myself an alcoholic untill these last ten days.always thought i was a slighty heavy social drinker.now i feel like hell there is only one thing i can be and it seems as though every drunken night has flashed back though my fuzzy memory and all the bad decisions i made or stupid things i have done on booze r before me. the most stupid not feeling very well for the last 18months and just drinking my way through it
again ta all
Old 02-10-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by danzoo View Post
hi thanks for all yr replies. i drank moderatly every day for 15 years 2 to 11 beers a night average 3-6 500ml cans. i started as soon as i got in and finished when it was time for bed.the only thing slowing me down were making the dinner and doing some chores.i would of never of considered myself an alcoholic untill these last ten days.always thought i was a slighty heavy social drinker.now i feel like hell there is only one thing i can be and it seems as though every drunken night has flashed back though my fuzzy memory and all the bad decisions i made or stupid things i have done on booze r before me. the most stupid not feeling very well for the last 18months and just drinking my way through it
again ta all
In the grand scheme of things I wouldn't say that's a huge amount.

Do you think that maybe there is a seperate health issue that the alcohol has merely aggravated?
Old 02-11-2010, 05:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ok i get myself checked out and if all iss ok get back on the boose ta
Old 02-11-2010, 07:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think if you feel you have a drinking problem, and found this site, you do have a drinking problem.