Notices

feeling edgy!

Old 02-06-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling edgy!

today is day 5 w/o pills and last nights "leg kicks" we almost a distant memory but for sum reason i didnt get 2 sleep till about 4:30am...i thought only the leg thing was keepin me up but now im not tired at all at night but during the day i want 2 sleep....is this normal? plus today im feeling veryy emotional, i take offense and snap at everything my husband has said 2 me today...i wasnt like this yesterday, i was much happier...wtf is going on??
Old 02-06-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can sympathize with you over the restless legs. I have that too and for some reason mine kicked in last night also. I can tell you I am more emotional today also, but I blame it on the lack of sleep. Tonight I will try to do some leg stretches and listen to a meditation tape. Can you take a warm bath before bed? Just some ideas. I feel this post. Wishing you well.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't know what it's like coming off pills (I was a wino) but I imagine it's like withdrawal from any drug: it takes a while to get back to normal. Give it time. And do try the hot bath - that sounds great.

Hang in there. It does get better.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

u still feel the legs after almost 2 yrs of being clean?? maybe that a sign of sumting else or is that normal? ur prob right, im cranky cause im tired!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sure restless legs aren't a withdrawal symptom in my case. I have it and that's what I was referring to. Sorry if I confused you there. It does get better as Least said. You just need to give yourself time.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The insomnia is part of opie withdrawl. On the dope, you probly slept like a baby, but wds are the exact opposite- no sleep.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

any idea how long the insomnia lasts on average?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you look around here WB, you see insomnia varies so much - there's no way of giving you a precise length of time.

Did none of those tips I posted elsewhere help?

D
Old 02-07-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

unfortunately no Dee!! i tried most everything, and the restless legs have pretty much stopped i just cant sleep....i actually had a drink last, in hope it wud help me sleep, and i know that people on SR will disagree with that, but i swear i wont turn 2 alcohol like pills...i neverrr drink, i dont like it! but it doesnt matter b/c it didnt help anyway....i just dread the nights!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

well that makes me cos that pretty much how I got started in alcoholism, WB....I didn't like it either - at first...so please be careful.

Have you seen a Dr? I can't remember, sorry.

D
Old 02-07-2010, 09:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

turned off by everything!

i didnt know sorry, but yea i figured most people wud dissaprove, i dunno about u but i never liked alcohol, and im just so tired n cranky im willing 2 try anything, i def dont want Perc's b/c its been almost a week but im still so edgy, im pushing my husband away and i think hes startin 2 get upset, but i cant help it, i dont want 2 hug or be touched....is that normal?? im scared that i was just was sexually interested b/c i was f&cked up...? or does this seem like a phase?? sorry 4 all the questions but ive never had feeling like this b4 and its freakin me out....we've only been married for 6 months and i dont think i shud feel like this, but wen i was on pills it wasnt like that at all!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's common sense to assume withdrawal from anything can probably cause all kind of disruptions...the only way to know for sure whether it's down to withdrawal or not is to visit a Dr, WB.

D
Old 02-08-2010, 04:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WantBetter View Post
i didnt know sorry, but yea i figured most people wud dissaprove, i dunno about u but i never liked alcohol, and im just so tired n cranky im willing 2 try anything, i def dont want Perc's b/c its been almost a week but im still so edgy, im pushing my husband away and i think hes startin 2 get upset, but i cant help it, i dont want 2 hug or be touched....is that normal?? im scared that i was just was sexually interested b/c i was f&cked up...? or does this seem like a phase?? sorry 4 all the questions but ive never had feeling like this b4 and its freakin me out....we've only been married for 6 months and i dont think i shud feel like this, but wen i was on pills it wasnt like that at all!

This is an interesting post and I bet on the Women's Only thread you might be able to find a lot of input to it. Just a thought that you might like to start a thread discussing this point over there.