Notices

2010 Class Of February

Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
got to get this chocolate and cookie, sugar *fetish* under control...bought some sugar free creamer for the coffee, but i'm not so thrilled with it.
Hi Fandy

Feel you on the chocolate and sugar thing, cant stop munching on goodies, but still, it is not booze so whatever gets us through the day :-)

Keep up the amazing work, your posts are really inspiring!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

I am off to search for that Windshield Wonder to clean my car...maybe Bed Bath Beyond? (so i can use my coupons.)

thanks Limbo, i use this website about 10X a day to keep me on track...everyone here is helpful, guiding and all the posts have information that I can apply either now or in the future....one thing i've discovered in my new sobriety is that my thoughts and emotions change rapidly, what works one day might swing 180 degrees the next...that's why "One Day at a Time" has my name written all over it!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's so great to read all these wonderful and positive posts, and to see all of you supporting each other. This community, the people here, and the 'feeling' here on the boards has sustained me and nurtured me for a long time. So, I hope you will all be here and sober next February!

I'm heading out to the airport in a few minutes to pick up my son, daughter-in-law and my gorgeous 5 month old granddaughter, who are coming for a week-long visit. Let me tell you, recovery doesn't get any better than this. :ghug3
Old 03-06-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

I am on day day 13, sober starting 02/22, so I guess I belong here also!
I drink too much, not a lot, but too much. My husband is A and has been sober
so I am trying to help him out too. Finally starting to have a little more energy and
relaxation and feeling better in general. It is good, still problems, but they seem
easier in sobriety. yes.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:03 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

One Week!

Home alone, saturday night. My exhusband is giving me limited time with our son. I don't blame him. Its up to me win his trust back. As one good friend told me, "with alkies, actions speak louder than words". So I need to show everyone i can stay sober, not just tell them.
I am taking antabuse. I know, its not a cure, not a magic pill. Its just one tool in my toolbox. For 24 to 48 hours after taking it, if i were to drink, i would be really really sick, and have trouble breathing. Its a scary feeling...along with the "flush". My skin turns bright red and there is a tightness in my chest. So, for now, i don't allow myself to even consider drinking. I plan to stay on these for the first 30 days.
I did get to a meeting. It was nice, they called on me and asked how I was doing. They care, they really really care...
Well.. Day 7 is nearly over. Feeling good.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

congrats on your first week Alaska...i hope you get to spend more time with your son.

today is Sober Day #20 for me...almost 3 whole weeks...it feels like so much longer, but the *honeymoon* phase of sobriety is pretty much over....I know I am newly sober and it's going to take vigilance and concentration to stay that way....I know how to change my habits and that works. I know what I can substitute and enjoy doing. I know I like being clear-minded and looking better physically...now it is time to start applying everything every day...

I'm physically strong enough to get back to regular exercise, i need to do this on a daily basis to help keep my resolve and it's good for both my body and mind. I just started back with push-ups and weights sets....i am pitifully weak, but muscles do have memory...so i can get it back.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

2 weeks sober today! Yes, taking it one day at a time. Today I am admitting I have drinking problem, otherwise why would I have to give it up? I know it makes me more depressed, and makes me eat more than I need. Thinking about joining a 12 step program.
Congrats to all on their sobriety!!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Hi all

Just want to share quickly, am on day 17......have been travelling for a week with no access to alcohol so in that sense it has been easy, came home today and dear lord my house-mates shelf full of alcohol had a very strong pull on me! Sat for a while and looked at the bottles...then I thought about how it would be to write back here that I had failed and decided to eat lunch instead and soon felt better, every time I say no it feels better. Then tonight I went to a working dinner which was a challenge with all drinking wine but me...my first real social event with others drinking alcohol and me not. But I did not have anything and best of all, I did not even want to!!! So I just felt that I had to come home and share here and tell myself and you all that I feel proud of myself and really really good about life in general :-)

Am off to bed now, day 17 is finished and tomorrow day 18 starts, have another week of travel without any access to alcohol so I have another week of finding strength and peace.

Thank you all for your wonderful support, I am so blessed to have found this forum and to get so much inspiration from you all.

I hope you have a wonderful week, Limbo
Old 03-08-2010, 05:20 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Sober Day #21 for me...3 weeks!..when I joined here I never imagined I would come this far...my next personal goal is to acheive 27 days...(so I can start my 2nd beaded bracelet)....I feel well again, both physically and mentally...I am starting to actually enjoy my life...instead of just "getting through it".

thanks so much for all of the help and support from fellow posters...it is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:46 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

same Fandy i never thought i would reach 24 days today! its getting alittle easier but still a way to go
Old 03-08-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

16 days today! Getting through this weekend was much easier than my first sober weekend. I planned plenty of things to keep myself busy and only had a bad craving once.

I hope that I can continue to find enough things to keep me busy for the next several months/years/however long it will take to not obsess about alcohol so much.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:28 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ruby, admitting that you are addicted to alcohol will empower you, so don't let it get you down. Remember, it doesn't have to define you, but by accepting it, you can begin to heal. You are much more than your addiction.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Survived my first sober weekend. So why am I sooo tired? I am sitting here at my desk at work thinking I want a nap!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:29 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alaskasunshine, it probably took a lot of energy to get through your first sober weekend and maybe that's why you're tired.

Good work!
Old 03-08-2010, 11:49 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Day 8. There seems like something almost "magical" about entering my second week. I wonder how long i'll feel this way. Its scary in a way, knowing this is IT..for the rest of my life. I feel like i'm pretending all the time, pretending I know how to handle being sober...but I am free..free from the stomach-churning drama that produces so much anguish, so much fear, and most of all, pain. No waking up with a stomach all knotted up, feeling of impending doom heavy on me..and most of all, the silence of being alone because i have driven everyone away. however, i am still alone, i am building bridges, and putting things back together, and i am making some really good friends in AA...so i dont think i'll be alone for long.. and hey.. I have YOU!!!
oh my rent check bounced..i have been in a fog this past week, didn't balance my checkbbook..do i ask the ex/bf who still loves me if he'll lend it to me? Or do I ask my landlord if he can wait till Friday? What do all think I should do?
Old 03-09-2010, 04:23 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Sober Day #22 for me! i agree there is something magical about it all right...it's if by magic that i completely stopped heaving almost everyday because of anxiety and alcohol..a lethal mixture.

If you want to be free of the BF Alaska, ask the Landlord if he can wait...offer to give him a check post-dated? so he knows he will have it on Friday?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:39 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Alaska... the tiredness is normal. Like you, I have been exhausted since stopping.
and have tried to catch windows of sleep throughout the day. But am slowly feeling clarity returning, and a strange sense of "wellness" that i haven't felt for years. My mind doesn't feel as if its being assaulted by mustard gas every morning, and I can even look at the sky without keeling over. I know this is a process and that it takes a while for the body and mind to adjust to the change, so am content to take this one day at a time.
Go well. Peace and happiness.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:44 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Administrator

AWOL, Fandy, Alaska, glad you are all doing well and moving forward.

Alaskasunshine, I think I would ask the landlord because I would feel more like I was handling it then.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:35 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Congrats to everyone!! Did anyone else get much more anxiety after stopping? I am kind of a nervous wreck, and I think I drank to mellow out. I am sober 16 days today. I need to start exercising to help with stress.
Fandy, what are the bracelets? It sounds interesting, I started late in this group so forgive me if I haven't read all the back posts yet.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

snowed in

ohh...what a long long boring day. stuck here at home. cant get out at all. I feel trapped..
but sober.