SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Update on me (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/194041-update-me.html)

clearlyheaded 02-05-2010 01:41 PM

Update on me

I haven't posted much in the past week, but have been reading here and there. I've been sort of bumbling around...not full-fledged drinking, but not 100% abstinent either. Just kind of flip-flopping and then feeling guilty about it. Ugh, hate that. Anyway, I'm on day 4 of abstinence, and am feeling pretty good about keeping it that way.

I had a full blood panel drawn last week and got the results at my check-up yesterday. Thankfully, my bloodwork came back fine for glucose levels, and kidney and liver function(!). But my B-12 levels are low. So my doc. wants me to take a supplement too boost that.

Right now I feel plain EXHAUSTED. Like I could easily sleep 16 hours straight if I could. But of course, I can't. I have enjoyed going to bed at 8:30 on nights I can get away with it, though! I can't tell you the last time I had this many 8+ hours of sleep at night. Now if I could only get my nearly-3-year-old to stop waking us up between 3 and 4 am, I might get 8 hours of sleep UNINTERRUPTED!!

Oh, and food cravings are starting to include healthier things like fresh pineapple, strawberries, grapes and cantaloupe (ironically, the same healthy cravings I had when I was pregnant).

Hoping I feel energized again soon...

Sarah

Horselover 02-05-2010 01:49 PM

Hi Sarah. I don't think I was around to catch your first few posts and so here's a late welcome from me. I was extremely exhausted in the beginning also. I had not slept through the night in such a long time. I would pass out and then wake up in the middle of the night and did this for years. It felt so great to sleep soundly.

I have been taking the b supplements and a regular vitamin since I quit drinking. It really, really does help. Also just getting out and taking a nice vigorous walk helps too.

Any ways, just wanted to stop and say hello. Good for you and your 4 days. The first few days were the hardest. We'll be cheering you on and helping in any way we can.

CoF1984 02-05-2010 02:21 PM

Glad to see you on here and trying. Just keep trying one day at a time. Life isn't as perfect as we'd like it to be, but it starts getting a little better than the day before as we go along. Wishing you the best of luck and glad you're here on SR.com

Wes

Dee74 02-05-2010 03:24 PM

Naturally, energy levels get better Sarah - your body and mind are healing right now.
Congrats on the 4 days :)

D

least 02-05-2010 03:25 PM

It does get better. Hang in there. Early recovery can be a bumpy road but it does smooth out. :) Congrats on four days!

Anna 02-05-2010 04:03 PM

Hi Sarah,

It sounds like you're on the road to healing yourself.