Notices

I Can Do It, You Can Do It: 90 Days Life Transformation

Old 02-04-2010, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile I Can Do It, You Can Do It: 90 Days Life Transformation

Hey Everyone,

90 days ago I was placed into a hospital for the second time of my battle with alcoholism. After spending a grueling 5 days in the hospitals "psych ward" and finally giving in to being prescribed a medication (was always anti-prescriptions), I walked out with more inspiration than my previous 23 years combined.

It was time for me to take control of my life's destiny. It was time for me to regain my passions in life and to once again "start living" again.

This post is not meant to boost my ego, it is meant to tell you my story so that some of you can relate. If my story helps one other person in any way, then I will have succeeded in my mission of this post.

Around April of 2009, I stumbled across the grace of Sober Recovery Forums after my near death experience. After being clean for close to 35-40 days, I went back out. It came out of nowhere, just like that. Just like that I was once again powerless.

After destroying my life from May-beginning of November, I found myself back in the hospital once again. This time I could not hide it from my family and parents and gave in that I was an alcoholic, that they needed to know about my struggles, and that I needed help.

After my rough 5 days in what felt like a jail in a hospital, I felt a new sense, and new purpose in life. Just like that, my desire and urge to drink ceased to exist and still does not knock on my door until this day.

I know I am still an infant to the sober world, however, I write this for those of you who are newcomers, who have tried before and failed, who are looking to change their life, who are young and old.

My passions started coming back to me almost instantly when I got out of the hospital. I started reading book after book on what alcohol does to the body, formulated a recovery plan, and never looked back.

Currently, I run a successful blog (you can find a link to it in my profile) where I talk about my passions and share it with the world. I am in the process of starting up a new business all the while finishing my last semester at college. I no longer want to sleep anymore because my life is finally filled up with my passions once again instead of fear, anxiety, and alcohol.

I thought my life was lost, my passions were gone, all due to alcohol. Do not fear, your passions are still buried deep inside you somewhere, you just need to get rid of the poison (negative thoughts, alcohol, drugs) and nurture your passions.

Their is hope and every passing minute is another chance for you to turn it around.

I think the best advice I can give now is define what is happiness to you and follow your passions again. Live, eat, breath your passions and you will have no thoughts or time for alcohol. If you feel you do not currently have any passions, then just follow what you think might be your passions because eventually they will emerge, just give them a little bit of time. Do what makes you happy. If your job is driving you insane and causing you to drink, quit and follow your passions.

Patience and passion.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know you are doing so well....
Old 02-05-2010, 03:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

It is good to see you on a happy and productive pass. Congratulations.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you, Future22.
Well done on your 90 days

D
Old 02-05-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Their is hope and every passing minute is another chance for you to turn it around.

I often felt, at the beginning, that I'd never get it right but I never gave up. The support I got her helped me to keep on moving forward in sobriety.

Thank you for posting your message of hope!
Old 02-05-2010, 05:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a great post..thank you future! It's great to hear how well you're doing! Ya know..I never had passions..always wished I had. It just occurred to me that maybe I never had any cuz I was hung over so much. ?? Hmmm. I'll have to think about this. Thanks again for the inspiration!