Notices

How do I find a meeting?

Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do I find a meeting?

I've never been to one but I think I should go. Maybe it will help..is there like an online search I can use or something? I can PM someone my zip code if they know of a way to help me. I went to the AA website but none of the PDF files work on my computer.

Also a few questions
1. Is 21 too young to go? Like will people think I'm stupid and over reacting since I'm like too young to have a real problem?
2. Do I have to talk or admit to being an alcoholic if I'm not ready to or don't think I am?
3. Do you have to be ready to stop drinking in order to go to AA or can it help you in making that choice? I don't know that I'm ready to yet. I want to have the desire to stop but IDK if I do yet...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

1. Is 21 too young to go? Like will people think I'm stupid and over reacting since I'm like too young to have a real problem?
answer .. your never to young and your never to old , there is no age requirement

2. Do I have to talk or admit to being an alcoholic if I'm not ready to or don't think I am?
answer ... No you dont have to talk and some they suggest you just listen for a while , but do introduce yourself

3. Do you have to be ready to stop drinking in order to go to AA or can it help you in making that choice? I don't know that I'm ready to yet. I want to have the desire to stop but IDK if I do yet...
answer ... only you know this . but if your questioning you mite have a problem then more then likly you do , but all you are required to do at AA is have the desire to stop

there are toll free number hotlines all you would have to do is call them . look in your phonebook and im sure theres a crisis hotline number they can give you the info you need , Im not handy dandy on getting you the link there mite be someone that follows me that can help with that .. congrats on takin a step and seeing if AA is for you .
~ huggles Endzy ~
Old 02-03-2010, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If I call will it show up on my cell bill...or account? I can't have my parents finding out. They have enough to worry about without worrying about me
Old 02-03-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

They have some groups for young people in recovery you can ask about. I would call the hotline. The person who answers will be in recovery themselves and should help. When I called, they offered to have someone pick me up and accompany me. I took them up on that! That woman is my sponsor today.

Please let us know how it goes.

Wishing you the best!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

No, it's a free call. If it does come up there will be no charge.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Anyone can go to an Open AA Meeting.....

What's an open meeting? What is expected?

Please read this link for information

Your First AA Meeting<

Glad you are interested....
Old 02-03-2010, 08:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

Have you tried googling "AA in (my city)"? That worked for me when i frist moved here and when i go to NA meetings in outher towns when on vacation/business. When you find the first meeting be sure to grab a meeting schedule. There will be a rack or table with information pamplets and schedules. They're free! Grab a schedule, get some people(same gender preferably) to write their phone numbers on the back, and grab one or more IP's that catch your attention. Then you're on your way! All the best.