SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Seeking Info on Rehab's in Oregon or Idaho (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/193784-seeking-info-rehabs-oregon-idaho.html)

bubblebum59 02-02-2010 01:11 PM

Seeking Info on Rehab's in Oregon or Idaho

Hi all,

I am a recovering drug addict myself...i have been clean for over a year and doing very well. The passage of time, keeping myself busy, finding my passion in my life's work, finding my spriituality, and only surrounding myself with positive people has made the difference for me.

But the main reason I found this forum and needed to post is not for me but for my son. He is 22 years old and has been addicted to oxycontin for several years now and just recently has begun shooting up heroin when he is out of the oxycontin. He has been suicidal as well, and had overdosed at least twice that I am aware of.

Right now he is in jail but will be out in less than a week. He says he wants to go to rehab when he is released...the problem is, there are SO very many of them to choose from! His dad and I are trying to find the best one for his needs. One that specializes in Oxycontin/prescription drugs and opiates. We have insurance but as you know it only covers so much, so we hope to find one that isn't too expensive either. We think he would benefit from one that offers some nature/outdoors type of theme and out of the city. I know that being out in nature was very healing to my own recovery.

We would like to find something in either Oregon State or Idaho...could someone suggest a rehab facility in either of these states? And please reply soon, we are hoping to get him in ASAP!

Thank you,
Bubblebum59

augustwest 02-02-2010 01:25 PM

Not in either state, but i went to Lakeside-Milam recovery center in Seattle, WA. It's near those states. It's a great center. James Milam, the founder, wrote the popular book Under the Influence that's referenced on here quite a bit. I had a wonderful experience there.

Dee74 02-02-2010 01:36 PM

hi BB

I'm not an American and I've never been to rehab :) but I can point you to this site:

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

I hope you'll find something there that will help :)
Welcome to SR and best wishes for you and your son

D

bubblebum59 02-02-2010 01:37 PM

Thank you..however

Thank you for responding so quickly!

I agree that the Lakeside Milam are good facilities. We actually live in the Seattle area, and that would work out great except that for that very reason, that its close is the reason we would like to find something out of the State of Washington. My son agrees that the further away from everything and everyone (including a girlfriend who lures him back with drugs every time he tries to stay away) the better. Everything here seems to trigger his cravings...I am afraid it would be too tempting for him to just leave if he knows he can just go a couple blocks away for a fix, you know?

augustwest 02-02-2010 01:49 PM

Gotcha. I missed Bellevue under your screenname. Yeah that makes sense. Eventually he's going to have to deal with all those things, but i understand that it's early. Bellevue is gorgeous. I miss Seattle. I lived in Lake Forest Park for years and worked in Kirkland. Wish i had more recs. Good Luck in your search.

keithj 02-02-2010 02:31 PM

A few dozen people I know report decent things about The Walker Center in Gooding, ID, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Port of Hope near Couer d'Alene also seems to be popular. Basic matrix model 28 day inpatient facilities.

Then again, I know many other few dozens of folks who did a month there and failed to stay clean afterwards. It's not necessarily which place one goes to, but what one does afterwards.

bubblebum59 02-02-2010 03:08 PM

Amen to That Keith!

Thanks so much for your feedback Keith... I will get more information on the ones you mentioned!

And I agree with you, no matter where we choose it all comes down to him in the end, we just want to do our part to try and find the best place possible for him to recover if he chooses to.