Notices

2 weeks, wondering about emotional ups and downs

Old 01-31-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks, wondering about emotional ups and downs

Hi, I've mostly been on a high, new life etcetera. My girlfriend dropped me because of my drinking constantly. Now I've fallen head over heels in love with her. I can't stop thinking about her. She was also my best and pretty well only friend. Is it possible it's just the emotional upheaval instead of really falling in love. I don't want to hurt her again, We still talk but she wants to go slow. Normally I'm not an emotional guy, but it hurts man. Worst day today..
I don't like whining but its anonymous, lol
Old 01-31-2010, 07:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Bob

I know it's hard, but I'd just focus on you for now, mate.

Sort yourself out, work on yourself, get a good solid foundation of sobriety happening... and the,n down the track, I think you'll be much better equipped for successful relationships, whether it's with your ex or not.

D
Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

When you say two weeks, I assume it's been two weeks since you've used. The first few weeks and months to be honest, that I was clean were an emotional rollercoaster ride. It's a recommendation that the first year in Recovery you don't make any big decisions. If your girlfriend is still talking to you after breaking up with you due to your drinking, I would consider you pretty darn lucky. I would suggest taking things slow. Just be her friend right now. I think you're going to find that things are very different between the two of you now that you're not drinking. You're going to discover new things about yourself as well.

Take things One Day at A Time and Congrats on two weeks!

God Bless,
Judy
Old 02-01-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree with taking care of yourself and your recovery above all else right now. And yes, the first few weeks or months can be exhausing and difficult. Just take it one day at a time and take good care of yourself. :ghug3
Old 02-01-2010, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR 55Bob, I totally concur with serenityqueen, if you and the ex are still talking take things slow, focus on your recovery, every thing will fall into the place it belongs as long as your recovery is number one.