Notices

Working on day one today.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Working on day one today.

Hi everyone, I came across this site a few days ago and decided to join today. I am 20 and have been an everyday drinker since I was 15. When I was working steady I was drinking about 12-18 beers a night. Over the past year it has gotten so bad that on days I did not work I would just drink 24/7. That was one of the reasons i got kicked out of my roomates house because I was drinking 30-40 beers a day. Then moved into a more toxic enviroment for myself, lived there for a while untill I od with a .316bac and klonopins. Had the 72 hour involuntery stay and continued the detox of 5 days. Thinking I could make it without going to a resedential center, I messed up and went back to where I was living at the time and sobriety lasted about 3 days after that. I have a good friend that I live with that is supportive and helping me out with this.
Question: When I went to detox before my blood pressure got really high, both numbers over 100. Is there any risks with quiting at my house?
Thanks everyone, and sorry for the rambling long post. Jonathon
Old 01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please see a doctor for help in detoxing safely. We can't give medical advice here but your situation sounds like a doctor's help is needed. Please detox safely, with medical help.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

As Least said, we cannot give medical advice, but detoxing from alcohol can be very dangerous.

Please talk to your dr or go to an ER.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the response post

I Understand about not giving medical advice. I failed to relize the big bold letters. I will go see my Doc tommorow. I need to just go be honest tommorow, as self medicting has gotten me so far allready. Thanks again
Old 01-31-2010, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Be sure to come back and let us know how it goes.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good idea.....
Welcome to our recovery community
Old 01-31-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the community. Please stick around.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi 308win

I'm glad to see you're going to a Dr - it really is the best option - especially with BP issues

Welcome to SR
D
Old 01-31-2010, 08:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!!!

Thanks I appreciate the support. I'll let everyone know how it goes. How do you go about finding Local AA meetings? Thanks again, Jonathon
Old 01-31-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I found out about local AA meetings from the Internet. The AA organization for my area has a website that lists them. It's possible yours does too.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey, day 1 for me too. Hang in there, this can be done! It's also almost the start of a new month!

JayR
Old 01-31-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for posting, I am so glad you are taking the steps to get better. I am also so glad you are going to talk to your doctor, make sure to tell him everything (how much you drink, what other drugs you use, etc.etc.)
The doctors really need to know everything to make a accurate diagnosis.
If you feel embarrassed to talk to this doctor (for any reason) about everything, see if you can get a referral to another doctor.
Congratulations again on working towards getting better!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome! That's really great that you are trying to get help, and your doctor can help make sure your body is safe during withdrawl. For the rest, I suggest trying AA - it helped me a lot. You can look on the internet for meetings in your area, and there will be a phone number you can call. Sometimes there will be someone on the phone that can go with you to your first meeting if you need that.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Went to the Doc today.

It went pretty good, all except for the fact on my records I told her I only drank a bout a case on the weekends. She understood though, that most addicts lie about use though. Vitals checked out fine wants to check them back out at 5pm or so. She told me to stay on the klonopin for now and taper of that in the coming months. That and I need to get gradualy back on my bipolar meds. Last night sucked, insonmnia till 4:30 am and woke back up a 7am sweating my a@@ of with chills and the regular shakes. Thanks again everyone for the nice post.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm back on day 1 myself ugh. I'm glad you are here! Keep us updated on how everything goes.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Please see a doctor, detoxing with out medical supervison can kill!!!

Once you are sober seek out some type of long term recovery program. AA worked for me an millions of others, but there are other recovery programs as well, check them out.