SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Just a quick question... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/193289-just-quick-question.html)

SowingSeason 01-26-2010 05:01 PM

Just a quick question...

Why isn't there a music board??? Seems to me that there are many musicians here that struggle with alcohol and drugs... and I don't know about you guys, but it's really the only thing getting me by right now. It just seems sorta logical to have a music forum for us artistically inclined users.

Sorry if this isn't the right board for this question... just thought I would ask it on the one I visit the most.

Dee74 01-26-2010 05:11 PM

I'm a musician too, but I doubt there'd be enough traffic, or enough topics, for a whole new forum, Sowing :)

There is a social group I've seen around tho...
SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
D

SowingSeason 01-26-2010 05:24 PM

Oh... well, I find that a bit sad. Music seems to be something that could really help people in recovery. Just not musicians, but everyone. It's the most beautiful thing in the world, in my opinion.

Dee74 01-26-2010 05:43 PM

I'd love to make everyone happy, but we're a volunteer staff and stretched as it is :)

There's nothing to stop you joining the social group, Sowing, or starting another specific one if you like, or a thread in Cafe Central :)

D

anovapartofme 01-26-2010 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by SowingSeason (Post 2498304)
Oh... well, I find that a bit sad. Music seems to be something that could really help people in recovery. Just not musicians, but everyone. It's the most beautiful thing in the world, in my opinion.

SowingSeason, music is also my life-line. It encourages and relaxes me, lifts me up and thrills me, depending on my mood etc......there is music for all states of emotions, happy, sad, and all those in between!!
Just do what I do................listen to music whilst you type!
I know you wanted a thread, but maybe just listen instead?
I am listening to Michael W Smith right now, a song called ''straight to the heart''
Also seeing as this subject has been raised I might add that ''Man in the mirror'' by Michael Jackson ( written by Seidah Garrett) is like my 'anthem' and my inspiration to make the change.
What sort of music do you like?

SowingSeason 01-26-2010 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by anovapartofme (Post 2498337)
SowingSeason, music is also my life-line. It encourages and relaxes me, lifts me up and thrills me, depending on my mood etc......there is music for all states of emotions, happy, sad, and all those in between!!
Just do what I do................listen to music whilst you type!
I know you wanted a thread, but maybe just listen instead?
I am listening to Michael W Smith right now, a song called ''straight to the heart''
Also seeing as this subject has been raised I might add that ''Man in the mirror'' by Michael Jackson ( written by Seidah Garrett) is like my 'anthem' and my inspiration to make the change.
What sort of music do you like?

Which is my point EXACTLY. There are forums here for comedy, religions, spirituality, writing/poetry, but nothing for musicians. I am not knocking any of the latter... I'm just saying that those aren't the only venues for the advancement of recovery. Music is one of the most healing things that I have ever seen.

The kind of music I like? The easy anwser is... every bit of it. hahaha
But the album I am religiously listening to right now is The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me by Brand new.

Anna 01-26-2010 06:41 PM

As Dee said, you can join a social group, start a social group of your own or start a thread in the Cafe.