SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello All (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/193169-hello-all.html)

irishlassie 01-24-2010 09:37 PM

Hello All

Grateful that I have found this site and hope you will help me help myself

CarolD 01-25-2010 12:14 AM

Welcome to our recovery community....:wave:

Good to see a new member and yes....we are here
with support and information to help you.

Please tell us a bit about yourself and your situation
so we will know how to best assist you....:yup:

Dee74 01-25-2010 12:16 AM

Welcome to SR Irishlassie :)

Looking forward to hearing more of your story, when you want to tell it :)

D

intention 01-25-2010 12:22 AM

Hi and welcome. Looking forward to hearing you share some more.

yeahgr8 01-25-2010 12:32 AM

:welcome

least 01-25-2010 04:08 AM

Welcome to SR! :welcome I hope we can offer you the support and understanding you need. :ghug3

Evanna 01-25-2010 02:24 PM

Welcome Irishlassie, warm wishes Ev. :)

Kmber2010 01-25-2010 02:37 PM

Welcome!!! Please share with us. I am new here too and support is essential for recovery :)

Huggs - Kim

irishlassie 01-25-2010 09:22 PM

Thanks to everyone and having something like this - I hope it will give me the strength and support I need. I am not an alcoholic - I am a gambler but share in the same addiction desires but I have not been able to find anyrhing like your site and so far have seen alot of myself in some of the stories and can relate to you all. This is between us because I have been able to hide it from my family and friends but know if I don't stop NOW I will spiral even deeper. I've been here 24 hours and have learned so much from the site and chat rooms - I look forward to getting to know everyone! and share our struggles and triumphs.
And as time goes on I promise to learn how to add all the little fun emoticons and sayings - they're fun and make me smile - any help is appreciated!!!

irishlassie 01-25-2010 09:25 PM

I'm a gambler too - there is hope for me right?

Alice11 01-25-2010 10:14 PM

Welcome Irish!!! I think I have seen others on here who are addicted to gambling, so hopefully they will come around and share their stories with you!!!!! You joined a great site for finding help!!!!!!

coming_clean 01-25-2010 10:50 PM

welcome...

Dee74 01-25-2010 11:00 PM

Hi IL

SR is basically a forum for those recovering from alcohol and substance abuse addictions - and for those family and friends whose lives have been affected by such addictions.

We do care about everyone, and all the issues our members struggle with, but - physically - we just can't be all things to everyone.

So, while some of our members may have experience to help you, we do not have any dedicated forums or links for gambling addiction here.

I hope I don't sound unwelcoming or unfriendly, but I felt it was important to let you know that right off the bat :)

I do suggest you check out something like GA (Gamblers Anonymous) tho if you haven't yet.

Gamblers Anonymous Official Home Page

D