Notices

my dad and taking a look at myself

Old 01-26-2010, 05:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Originally Posted by intention View Post
Resentment cannot live alongside Prayer.
Awesome!

It reminds me of the saying, "you love God as much as you love the person you love the least."

I often pray for people that have injured me in some way every night (since I've stopped drinking of course - it's amazing how odd and liberating it feels to do so).

(BTW - Wayne Dyer has a new movie coming out in the theaters - Wishes Fulfilled.)
Old 01-26-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by Untoxicated View Post
Awesome!

It reminds me of the saying, "you love God as much as you love the person you love the least."

I often pray for people that have injured me in some way every night (since I've stopped drinking of course - it's amazing how odd and liberating it feels to do so).

(BTW - Wayne Dyer has a new movie coming out in the theaters - Wishes Fulfilled.)
Hi Untox,

I hadn't heard that saying...how true that is.

Thanks for the note about Wayne Dyer. I didn't know that.....that's something I would like to see. God has a habit of talking to me through that man.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

This is an absolutely awesome thread, in ways it makes me feel like the odd man out.

I had an awesome child hood, my father was a recovering alcoholic, I never saw him touch a drop of anything, he had his last drink when I was 2 days old.

I was 19 when my dad passed from a cerebrial hemmorage, my little brother was 16, my mother never even dated for 20 years after his death, she was just as awesome as he was.

My dad was only 5' 2", yet in my eyes he was head and shoulders over most men in being a man, a husband, and a father.

Resentments towards my parents..... the only one I ever held was how young I was when my dad passed. I still had much to learn from him and he had so much to give, but that is one resentment I never held on to for long.

Now do I have a grasp of resenting parents? You betcha, both my first & present wife came from some highly dysfuntional homes, I had some serious resentments against all of my in-laws one time, they are gone now thanks to the steps.

You know some one mentioned that they were/are doing the best they can/could, with that I concur, now that the fog of my drinking is gone I am able to see a great deal of good in all of them and to accept thier bad as simply being a part of them.

They all are getting on in years and they have for them most part changed for the good.

Okay I am doing a bit of self centered babbling so I will end this.

I want to make sure I thank all of you for your shares and you ES&H.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
I was 19 when my dad passed from a cerebrial hemmorage, my little brother was 16, my mother never even dated for 20 years after his death, she was just as awesome as he was.
And thanks for your share, Taz.

A reminder that our parents are not around forever certainly does put any resentments into perspective.