Notices

I don't drink

Old 01-23-2010, 05:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by intention View Post
Hi Lkkpa,

I can relate to that. I'm thankful today that I am single and that this is God's will for me right now. (i've not always been thankful for that)

I'm mindful of what many people are saying here that you need to be sober for a good while before getting involved in a relationship. I think that is right.

Sex without being drunk?? ........yes that will be a whole new experience. One that I shall look forward to in God's time.
Yeah i can relate too!!!! I'm sooo glad i'm single, i feel for the people going through this in a relationship, it must be very difficult indeed in most cases!

Sober sex, as in without the buzz or the hangover...yeah what's that then?! You know my sponsor said to me what his said to him 24 years ago, no relationships in the first 2 years (i think most say 1 year)...i remember a couple of guys saying you're kidding right? Me i thought that f*** for that, what a gift lol

I've still got a lot of work to do on myself and also a lot of edxperiences and lessons to learn...by that time i will hopefully be attracting a different type of woman and we won't be shagging like dogs in some hotel bed on the first date...please God let that one thing be so, im pretty flexible with the rest! And i would imagine its the same sentiment for ladies getting sober, wanting to attract a different sort of man for probably much the same reasons;-)
Old 01-23-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by yeahgr8 View Post
And i would imagine its the same sentiment for ladies getting sober, wanting to attract a different sort of man for probably much the same reasons;-)
I have not had one relationship (or encounter) for the right reasons ever in my life. Sad but true. There's been no girl meets boy, both finds each other attractive, falls in love etc......

Next time has to be different. This is one lesson I want to have learned. No more co-dependancy and no more drinking because the beer goggles enable me to actually have sex with the person I am with, if you know what I mean.

I know His plan for me is to have a happy, healthy relationship....I will just be patient and let it happen in His time, not mine.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober Date 12/21/09

I am single and looking to date again (even though I'm not supposed to) but it's who I am and it's the reality of my situation. Sober sex, I can tell you, is amazing with the right person and just plain bland, or icky, with the wrong person (not unlike drunk sex). The two major benefits are that you go in to it with a clear head, so you don't regret it or feel ashamed afterward, and when it's really good, you remember every moment!

At just over a month sober I am already looking at men differently. Partially because I'm sober and feeling great about myself and partially because my last boyfriend was amazing and really raised the bar.

It's sad to admit this but in the past when filling out online dating profiles I would always list myself as a "social drinker" as to not tip anyone off to how much I really drank. The truthful answer lied inside the little box that said "Drink everyday", but that kind of honesty is unattractive in these situations.

The more embarrassing part, however, was when I would do searches for compatible dates. I would actually ELIMINATE anyone who said they didn't drink at all. Can you imaging that! Sickness loves sickness I suppose and I had convinced myself I needed a partner in crime.

I haven't re-joined any dating sites yet, as I'm not actively pursuing dating that aggressively at this time, but it's coming soon and now I will be happy to check the box of a potential date that says, "Doesn't drink", and it will match my own box. This, I'm convinced, will open up my dating life to a whole new world of possibilities and I'm really excited about it.

Having said all that, I am taking everything really slow and not rushing in to anything serious, as I've really come to understand the power of being friends first. Good luck to all the other single people out there. Finding someone to share our lives with can be the greatest gift ever, but if we're not ready, and if we don't truly love who we are, we will muck it up, every time.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

cliff do you ever get the ...""what never".....!!

i find i come across this a fair bit ...i guess its the social culture of drinking and some cant get their head around that you are t-total.

i was speaking to a guy before christmas.......it was the usual work christmas pub crawl.....all truck drivers.......guarentee fighting each other by the end of the night..you know the sort of thing.

i said i dont drink so ill pass mate.........he says "no neither do i at weekends"
i said...."no i dont drink total"

he says after giving me a strange look........."what never"
i say no never.......after a long strange your bs me look...he asks why not.

because i drank enough when i was young to keep me topped till im dead.
he seemed happy with that..lol...lol.........i was a human again in his eyes.
lol..lol
Old 01-23-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by sunset2000 View Post
It's sad to admit this but in the past when filling out online dating profiles I would always list myself as a "social drinker" as to not tip anyone off to how much I really drank. The truthful answer lied inside the little box that said "Drink everyday", but that kind of honesty is unattractive in these situations.

The more embarrassing part, however, was when I would do searches for compatible dates. I would actually ELIMINATE anyone who said they didn't drink at all. Can you imaging that! Sickness loves sickness I suppose and I had convinced myself I needed a partner in crime.
I have done exactly the same.

I couldn't bear the idea of dating someone who didn't drink but I didn't want to date someone who drank everyday - that would mean they were an alcoholic.

I really was insane :rotfxko
Old 01-23-2010, 11:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'll just say that we may have some differences in what sober sex means to each of us and leave it at that hehe in fact what sober actually means too...

back on topic...yeah shaun i know exactly what you mean hehe i'm quite looking forward to these sort of experiences as they come along...english and teetotal don't exactly go do they...i liked your answer and will borrow that next time;-)

Last edited by yeahgr8; 01-23-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: going too much into detail and will get in trouble again lol