Notices

Hey guys!!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 04:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Trish)))

It's so good to hear you're doing so well! Thanks for checking in! As you can see, you've been missed around here.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 01-22-2010, 05:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

TRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HI BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been looking for a post from you, so glad to see you checked in.

I bet it's been trying for you. Sitting on the other side of the table and "dealing" with the girls at the half-way house I work at can be quite trying. Most of them are GREAT!! Some of them can be a bit trying..............I know they're new at all of this. I keep it green Girl. Sounds like you're doing what they're doing too.

I hope you got my phone number and I'm serious, if you ever need me for anything please don't hesitate to call. Even though I'm sure you're doing fine right where you are.

You know everyone is so proud of you. Great job Girl!!! So good to see your post this morning. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Trish, so good to hear from you. I'm glad you're doing so well! I've always enjoyed reading your daily inspiration thread. Take care. :ghug3
Old 01-22-2010, 12:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
On my path.

Well look what the cat dragged in!

You have been on my mind. It is good to hear from you and get an update re: your ongoing journey to health.

Keep in up, keep in touch.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

So good to hear you are doing well
for the good news and keeping us updated!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I'm so happy for you.. and proud of you
Old 01-23-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Well, My first day of freedom. Woo hoo!
It was roguh at first. They make you go to one meeting every day. And you have to go with someone else anytime you go for the first 3 weeks. There are only 4 women in the house and the rest guys. And 2 of them go to AA. NA is hard to get to because we dont have transportation other than the the bus that runs every hour and only goes on the main route. I will say that taking the bus has been very humbling.
We get up and go to house meditaiton at 7:30 am then we have a daily chore. Then we have roughly an hour and a half to eat breakfast and get dressed. Then we all go to IOP for 5 hrs, 5 days a week. Then we come home arounf 3pm and then have to stay in the common areas until dinner at 4:45. At about 5:30 we can go get ready to go to our nightly meeting. Home by 8 or 9..sometimes 10pm.
Weekends were really bring on assessment. but no tthis one. I get to leave as I please when we dont have an other house obligations. So today I am at the library and then back to the hose just to chill out for the nght. Tomorrow I am leaving the house at 9:30am to go home for the day and wont be back until prolly 8pm. I cant wait.

My little cousin. The oldest one sent me a homemade card that said I miss you like so many times and he drew pictures. I so wasnt expecting that. I broke down in tears. 'I miss my little babies.

Been some stupid drama in the house. People who are mandated not taking it seriously and trying to make a joke out of everything. And real bad in getting into others business and taking everyone elses inventory..like in a seriously ignorant way. It makes me not even want to talk to nyone sometimes and def makes me cautious about what I say. I havent really opened up in a group yet. But as I get more comfortable, will.
Told yu guys I was really shy in real life..LMAO!!
But I just mind my business and let them have at it. As long as no one disrespects me..Its all good.

Anyway. I really miss you all. I wanted to sign on so many times when I was so scared in the beginning and talk to my tusted fam here.

OH..And another thing I do not like is that we have a CLOSED AA meeting at the house every Fri night. And who ever reads on that day in the morning has to chair that meeting. They dont care if you have 1 day clean or yrs. If yu AA or NA.
That bothers me because Closed meetings specifically state that closed meetigns are for alcoholics only . And what if I read that day?? I am going to chair a closed AA meeting when I have never been an alcoholic? Whats up with thta?
But I have to do what I have to do. One of my fav meetings is an AA meeting actually. LOL
Anyway. Gonna go for now. I will be on more now that I am off lock down.
Stay safe all and be sober.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

this absolutely made my day! wow- not sure what to say except you are motivating me and well, thats awesome!! I hope you enjoy all the great things that are on your way, and they are.
Peace and love
dub
Old 01-23-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((((Trish)))))) and it keeps getting better
Old 01-23-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It's so good to hear from you and know you are doing well and dealing with everything just fine! How absolutely awesome! YOU GO GIRL!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

This is such great news, Trish. I hope it just keeps getting better & you can finally lead the life you deserve. It's been a long time coming.

Yes, it is hard to believe you're shy in real life
Old 01-23-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

at'a girl trish

xxooxxoo
Old 01-24-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Simply Awesome!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Trish, Just go with the flow at the house. Don't let the others bother you or you'll just drag yourself. When I read your thread I couldn't believe it was the same Aysha. I guess miracles do happen. Take it one day at a time from now on and just do your best. It just keeps getting better and better and better.....
Old 01-24-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I've lived in and then managed a sober house. Oh the drama for sure. There were quite a few people that were in the house from the probation department. When I was a resident I would voice my concerns about other residents using drugs to the house manager. I didn't care about being a snitch because I was there to get my life in order and wanted a safe place to do it. I'm not recommending you do as I did...just saying...it did keep the drama down though.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thx everyone.
Well, I am spending the day at home today. Got to see 2 of my 4 baby cousins. I coulda squeezed them to death. Made some tacos. My dad came for a whole 4 mins. His wife is something else. I wont get into that because its so stupid. And thats exactly why I dont like her. Good..Bye. She makes it impossible to even try and get along with her. So I am done. I didnt come home for BS.
I just wish my dad would come and leave her home or something. I am going to have to talk to my counselor on how to go about stating that idea.
My cats were happy to see me. Went grocery shopping and got a bunch of stuff I needed. Should last for awhile. Bought a watch!! LOL..Cant catch the bus if you dont know what time it is. LOL
And got some other things to make my stay a little more comfortable.
I have alot of things I want to ask opinions on. But will wait until I have my daily pass during the week. Just wanted to pop in and say hi and thank every one for their comments.
See yall in a few days.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I hadn't seen your thread, T - I miss you tons. So proud and relieved for you though And very happy too. Sounds like you're doing great. Take good care of yourself xo.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:05 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Great news! I can't really add anything more to all the supportive comments.
Keep up the good work!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:12 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

One of my fav meetings is an AA meeting actually. LOL
Glad things are going well, what I quoted above does not surpise me at all, we have a lot of straight up addicts who use AA mainly for thier revovery, I would guess that about half of the folks in AA in my area are recovering addicts as well as recovering alcoholics.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

(((Trish))) - I'm so proud of you!!! I understand about the AA meetings, too - that's the ones I went to.

I think I've found drama is everywhere I'm learning to "pick my battles" and stay the heck out of the rest, but it's taken a lot of tongue biting and walking away.

Keep on keepin' on, sweetie - you are doing AWESOME!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy