SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Mourning Member (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/192699-mourning-member.html)

CoffeeGirl 01-19-2010 12:49 AM

Mourning Member

Hello, my name is Rebecca, and my father was an alcoholic and a drug abuser. He left the world on September 30, 2009 at age 54 (or a few days prior to that, as predicted by the medical examiner). I was the last and only family member that he had, as everyone else had given up. He lived alone and died alone. I am dealing with guilt, anger, and the sadness of my loss is weighing heavy on my heart. My story is a long one. I wanted to reach out and try to find support, but I am not sure where to search. I found this site and noticed that it had a ACoA section, so I decided to join.

ANGELINA243 01-19-2010 01:06 AM

Welcome! Glad you are here. Sorry to hear about your loss. You will find much support here at SR. You are not alone. :hug:

intention 01-19-2010 01:32 AM

Hi Rebecca, so sorry about your loss. I hope you find the support you need in the other forum.

Dee74 01-19-2010 01:50 AM

I'm sorry for your loss Rebecca, but I'm glad you've joined us.

Welcome to SR
D

least 01-19-2010 03:11 AM

Welcome to SR! I hope we can give you the support you need to work thru your feelings of sorrow and loss.

(((hugs)))

Fubarcdn 01-19-2010 04:44 AM

I am sorry to hear of your loss also.
Although it may not seem like a lot you should take great comfort in the fact that you remained faithful and supportive to him to the best of your abilities throughout.
Take care of yourself.
If you haven't already you should check out that ACOA section. It is farther down the board.

Saphie 01-19-2010 04:49 AM

My thoughts are with you Rebecca.
We are all here for you if you need to talk.

Anna 01-19-2010 05:00 AM

I am very sorry for your loss, Rebecca.

ghostgirl 01-19-2010 06:07 AM

(((((((((coffeegirl))))))))))))

you came to the right place. the people here are so supportive... keep coming back here, and post whenever you need to. there is almost always someone on here at all hours.

littlefish 01-19-2010 07:42 AM

I hope you come back and share some more: it is good for you and good for us. So sorry about your loss. Many of us can relate.

Astro 01-19-2010 10:30 AM

I'm sorry for your loss Rebecca. Welcome to SR, a place where so many of us reach out for support. I hope you find some comfort here.

CrackQuack 01-19-2010 11:05 AM

Hi Rebecca! Welcome to SR and I am glad you found us, during such a trying time. I am sorry for the loss of your father.
I lost my father, to suicide, in August 2004. His birthday is September 29th. He was almost 60 years old. He was a recovering alcoholic whom had not touched a drink in nearly 30 years. He had bi-polar and schizophrenia. His final straw was when he pancreas died (I think that is what happened) and he found he was diabetic. He constantly heard voices and had volatile mood swings. I still loved him very much. I was always Daddy's little girl.
It's painful. One feels like they can no longer function or go on, or perhaps they have died themselves.
I am glad you found SR and I hope they give you the information and comfort you seek. :ghug3

smacked 01-19-2010 11:06 AM

Sorry for your loss Rebecca, and welcome to SR. You'll like it here! Other than the ACOA forum there's also a Grief and Loss section too, you might find some good support there too.