Notices

For Fragrantrose - God is listening to you

Old 01-17-2010, 01:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

For Fragrantrose - God is listening to you

Hi Fragrantrose (lovely name!)

From I'm so rubbish thread
thanks intention! that is a very timely post for me as I put down the drink then go back to my lying cheating alcoholic partner then binge drink and feel sick and soooooooo remorseful I even go to church and cry out to god in despair!! God hasnt seemed to have heard me yet so maybe i needed to go through more self inflicted painDAY

.....and being drawn into an unhealthy relationship is just another symptom of the same problem which causes you to drink and binge on chocolate.

You say God is not listening to you?.....I wonder how you are praying.

It says on Pg 87 of the BB

"We ask especially for freedom from self-will, and are careful to make no request for ourselves only. We may ask for ourselves, however, if others will be help. We are careful never to pray for our own selfish ends. Many of us have wasted a lot of time doing that and it doesn't work. You can easily see why."

If you are praying to God "please God save me from this alcoholism" then you are praying for self or "me".

We are alcoholics because because everything is about self/"me" (Step 5 reveals this to us) so you are just praying for more of the same of what you already have got.
He's hearing you: he's just giving you what you are asking for.

I use the Step 3 Prayer on Pg 63 as it gives me the right words to say which, on my own, I can find hard to find. Very subtle differences in the wording makes all the difference.

I hope you can find your way to recovery. All the best.