SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Tonight (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/192405-tonight.html)

blackbirdsing 01-14-2010 07:30 PM

Tonight

Tonight- my problems, worries, concerns seem small in comparison to the rest of the world. I have a warm house, a full belly, clean water, electricity...
My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Haiti and the many people around the world- who anxiously await word regarding the safety of their loved ones there.

Peace and love.

OZboy 01-14-2010 08:04 PM

..yes truely ...horrible..

..i'm upset and i know many are..wishes to those who will
go there to help..Gods speed...Oz..

CarolD 01-14-2010 09:18 PM

My sincere hope is that by rebuilding the ruins
better living conditions for the citizens of Haiti will happen.

BTW ....if anyone is planning to contribute please do
make sure you do it only with established groups.

These tragedies bring out scammers....:yup:

OZboy 01-15-2010 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by CarolD (Post 2486885)
My sincere hope is that by rebuilding the ruins
better living conditions for the citizens of Haiti will happen.

BTW ....if anyone is planning to contribute please do
make sure you do it only with established groups.

These tragedies bring out scammers....:yup:

..now is not the time to say such things.
..give as your heart, desires...:tapping

OZboy 01-15-2010 04:08 AM

..no disrespect...Carol.. but ain't no time for contemplation..
.. this is a serious situation...ozy..

yeahgr8 01-15-2010 04:13 AM

Carol's saying that people will inevitably set up fake organisations to receive donations online or otherwise wherein the people the tradegy affects will see little or none of the money, trust me it happens...seen it first hand...so go with one of the big organisations for your donations so that some of the money actually gets there to help:-)

Bad Ozboy jumping to conclusions;-)

lionheart 01-15-2010 04:44 AM

My cousin was there four months ago, its just terrible, those poor people. What a horrible position to be in - it does make you grateful for what you have!

Perspective is everything.

*agrees with carol & yeahgr8*

Saphie 01-15-2010 04:46 AM

They already have. It was announced on the news that even the authorities could not believe how quickly fake donation sites popped up on the internet.

So thanks Carol, we need to be aware of this. We need to make sure the people of Haiti receive our donations. I'm grateful for everything in my life, especially the small things and yes, I will be making a donation myself.

PS: Hear hear to the thread. Anybody noticed Hevyn's Avatar in support of Haiti. She's such a wonderful caring person. :c011:

OZboy 01-15-2010 02:24 PM

..i stand corrected..sorry..

..i get a bit emotional with these situations...dumbOz..

Anna 01-15-2010 02:38 PM

Thanks Carol, for your good advice!

My thoughts and prayers are with all those waiting to hear news of loved ones in Haiti.

Hevyn 01-15-2010 02:38 PM

Thank you, S. You brought tears to my eyes. I'm thankful to be aware & concerned about what else is going on in the world, not self-centered like I used to be.

Blackbirdsing - I was just thinking that same thing this morning. I was washing dishes & whining about it. Then I thought of what it would be like to have no water when I turned on the faucet. (Or no dishes to wash, because there's no food.)