Notices

Sober Tuesday

Old 01-12-2010, 04:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Sober Tuesday

I'm day 10 and this morning's little revelation to me was that I made the beds before going on the school run. Why would I make the bed before if I knew I had to crawl back into it?

And I had a shower and washed my hair.

I am doing things that normal people do. It's the small things which show me how unmanageable my life was when I was drinking.

Enjoy your sober day!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in the moment!

Originally Posted by intention View Post
It's the small things which show me how unmanageable my life was when I was drinking.!

Hey Intention.....I am noticing the little stuff too! So is my husband......Wow!!! that means so much to me!!

I am actually taking a trip next month with just the ladies to the Dubia quilt show (I am also entering 2 of my quilts!). I am soooooo excited!! I would never want to go if I was drinking b/c I could never trust myself. Airplanes are a serious trigger for me but I am going with my sponsor so that will help!! DH is relieved that I am not drinking for the trip too!!

Day 11 is going well for me!!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi Insideout.

Life moving forward is great!! When we are drinking we are always worrying about the next event when we will be drinking, or trying not to drink and know that we are just not going to be able stop ourselves. Like on a plane when you resolve not to drink but by the time they get to your seat with the drinks you just order automatically.

Enjoy your newfound excitement and anticipation
Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I am doing things that normal people do. It's the small things which show me how unmanageable my life was when I was drinking.
intention I quoted the above because it sure sounds like the second half of the first step! That unmanageable part of it was tough for me to deal with at first, it took a sponsor to get me to even begin to see that in reality in the end the only part of my life that I actually was managinig was staying at least half lite every day!

Sounds to me like you are working on the first step well, keep up the good work! The rewards of those steps I found to be beyond my wildest dreams.... freedom from the bonds of my alcoholism and of myself as well.