SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober Sunday! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/192109-sober-sunday.html)

coffeenut 01-10-2010 07:57 AM

Sober Sunday!

It's a traveling weekend. One in which the last few days is typically FULL of food and booze. Who am I kidding.....BOOZE...and more booze.

I woke up this morning, almost giddy! This is the second time I've done this particular weekend sober. Sober! And it rocks!

No worrying about who I said/did what to last night. And now, a sober car ride home.

Who else is feeling grateful to be sober?

:tyou SR, you ROCK!

NEOMARXIST 01-10-2010 08:15 AM

Feeling grateful to be sober at the moment too!! Feels great!!

It is so true that a grateful alcoholic won't feel the need to drink. True with this alcoholic anyway...

very easy for the gratitute to nosedive though and it can strike without warning very quickly I have found. But I am ever vigilante, not fearfull or anything like that (far from it!) but I am ever aware that I am only ever one drink away. Makes you appreciate these times more! Tis a daily reprieve.

intention 01-10-2010 08:38 AM

I'm very grateful to be sober today. It's nearly 5pm here and I have got so much done today it's unreal!

And I am not dreading Monday morning, another thing to be very grateful for.

Anyone else?

SusanE 01-10-2010 08:54 AM

Well, this is the first weekend of our 30-day experiment. I usually have a terrible depression every Sunday, no matter what. I woke up and did laundry, a little cleaning, we're enjoying a nice fire, and I have a pot of seafood etouffee on the stove.

I feel great and my Sunday depression has left the building.

InsideOut 01-10-2010 09:17 AM

I am grateful to be sober today!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance001.gif

Last night, I cooked a very nice dinner and DH said "There is still one more bottle of wine I put up, do you want it with dinner?" (actually, he had to hide it from me!)
I easily declined (Hard to believe!).....and DH said "You have quit for real this time, haven't you?" YES, I have (I feel like shouting it from the rooftops!!!!)......In the past, I would have given in right away to have a drink, or I would have obsessed over it for hours until I justified that it was OK......NOT this time!! I never gave it another thought and enjoyed a wonderful meal with my DH!!!

Yes, I am very grateful to be sober at the end of my day 8!!

intention 01-10-2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by InsideOut (Post 2482427)
"You have quit for real this time, haven't you?" YES, I have (I feel like shouting it from the rooftops

Congratulations, Insideout. I feel just like that, that this time I have really quit. I too feel like shouting it :)

Astro 01-10-2010 09:32 AM

Coffee, pancake breakfast, now off to church. It's incredible to be clean and sober, life is great!

CarolD 01-10-2010 10:36 AM

Grateful.......for my fantastic new life
and for being here with y'all.

:cheer

Provider 01-10-2010 11:39 AM

First weekend that I can remember in forever! Went to gym this morning, now work and a AA meeting! Sundays Rock! I actually remember the movies that my wife and watched. So in a couple of days I wont say "hey lets watch that movie." and she will look at me all funny and go "We just watched that a couple of days ago....don't you remember???"
Nice!
I wish MycoolFitz was here!

intention 01-10-2010 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Provider (Post 2482536)
So in a couple of days I wont say "hey lets watch that movie." and she will look at me all funny and go "We just watched that a couple of days ago....don't you remember???"
Nice!

That makes me laugh. I shouln't laugh because it is not funny. I've put DVDs on and my son has screamed at me "but we have watched that, Mum". Have we ???

Thank god, I don't have to do that again. Another reason to be grateful for being sober.

Wallingford 01-10-2010 12:34 PM

I´m also feeling very grateful to be sober. :a122:

din 01-10-2010 02:35 PM

I too

am more grateful than words could describe.
spent a lil extra time on my knees at mass this morning.
Hub prob thought I was trying to catch a quick snooze
lol

Horselover 01-10-2010 02:40 PM

Hey another gratitude type thread and I wasn't told. LOL! Count me as another grateful sober Sunday person and oh - Sunday through Saturday too. ;)

patman 01-10-2010 09:02 PM

Around midnight on Sunday. 7 full days sober. Count me among the grateful!!!