SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Friday night sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/192013-friday-night-sober.html)

intention 01-08-2010 03:53 PM

Friday night sober

It's ten to midnight here in the UK and I am usually passed out by now but tonight I am feeling comfortably tired and looking forward to a restful night's sleep.

I know tomorrow is going to be a good day and I usually just write Saturdays off.

All the best to those are also looking forward to their hangover free Saturday, particularly if it is a new experience. Many thanks to all who contribute on this forum. I am finding reading it invaluable already. :)

Ghostman 01-08-2010 03:58 PM

Hey keep up the good work!

I used to live out there close to windsor,
my mom and other family still does, it is a cool place!!

Thats good that you are so positive!
I try to be that way too.

NEOMARXIST 01-08-2010 04:26 PM

Hi Intention. It's funny because I never thought I'd see the day where I could not want to get wasted on a friday night. I have found that my obsession to drink has been lifted. I rarely think about it tbh and then I suddenly think Oh my gosh I ain't at all miffed that I can't drink booze! LOL . It's a great feeling.

I thank AA and SR for that.

Provider 01-08-2010 04:33 PM

My first Friday in years that I'm not all f'd up. Amazing! I can't wait to have a productive Saturday! Might even get up early and go to the gym.....craziness! Thanks SR and AA as well!

Krodos 01-08-2010 09:00 PM

Congrats!

I just made a similar post in another thread about me achieving this as well.

Lionne 01-09-2010 12:01 AM

Good job, Intention!
Enjoying the weekend without having to nurse a hangover all the time is great, isn't it? For me it means many good things that I don't need to miss out on anymore because of lying in bed half of the day.
Enjoy your day everybody!

wichitalineman 01-09-2010 12:24 AM

Congratulations!

I just finished my second Friday night sober. Now it's 8AM on Saturday (also UK) and I am up and at 'em, just had a delicious breakfast, and am about to get some stuff done! Usually I'd sleep until way late in the afternoon. I have my weekend back!

So, high five to you! Congrats. :)

CarolD 01-09-2010 12:37 AM

Thanks Intention....:hug:

Yes! let's all have a sober productive pleasant day.
:c011:

intention 01-09-2010 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by wichitalineman (Post 2481338)
Congratulations!

I just finished my second Friday night sober. Now it's 8AM on Saturday (also UK) and I am up and at 'em, just had a delicious breakfast, and am about to get some stuff done! Usually I'd sleep until way late in the afternoon. I have my weekend back!

So, high five to you! Congrats. :)

And a high five to you too. The dog barked this morning waking me earlier than I would have wanted it but it was fine. I had no hangover. I could get up easily. Enjoy your day and keep warm :)

intention 01-09-2010 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Krodos (Post 2481253)
Congrats!

I just made a similar post in another thread about me achieving this as well.

Well done, Krodos. We can do it today as well.

Krodos 01-09-2010 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by intention (Post 2481538)
Well done, Krodos. We can do it today as well.

Thank you very much!

I will be either keeping myself busy or hanging around here reading and posting to help me get through this.

It will be the first weekend that I do not get drunk in like 9 years. The prospect of that is pretty exciting.

intention 01-09-2010 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST (Post 2481063)
Hi Intention. It's funny because I never thought I'd see the day where I could not want to get wasted on a friday night. I have found that my obsession to drink has been lifted.

Hi Neomarxist,

That seems to be a message that I am getting loud and clear and over and over here on SR, that the obsession can be lifted and you can live life without craving or thinking about alcohol all the time. Keep reminding us; it helps.

Provider 01-09-2010 07:53 AM

Congrats to all who made it through!! Now we will knock down Saturday! We to go! It is nice to be up on a Saturday morning and not have a headache or be foggy! Have a productive day!

intention 01-09-2010 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Provider (Post 2481067)
My first Friday in years that I'm not all f'd up. Amazing! I can't wait to have a productive Saturday! Might even get up early and go to the gym.....craziness! Thanks SR and AA as well!

Hi Provider. Enjoy the gym. Treating the body and mind well really does feel good.

Thanks all, it is very helpful to share clearing these alcohol hurdles. It's now Saturday 4pm. I have usually been to McDs for son's Saturday treat, drunk to oblivion and I am usually passed out by now either on the sofa or in bed, sleeping it off so I can get up again and watch Saturday evening TV with him 'sober' like normal parents do.

Today I have been to McDs, come home, made a phone call to a friend to talk through a resentment I had and also made amends for something I did the other day .....and I feel great.

coffeenut 01-09-2010 08:15 AM

Yes! The best thing about a sober Friday is a non hung over Saturday.

Excellent!

din 01-09-2010 08:44 AM

Right on for you

my first sober friday night as well!
and up and at it on saturday (still hazy due to it being only day 6) but its not caused by a hangover .

this really is empowering

intention 01-09-2010 08:59 AM

Good for you, Din.

Malcolms 01-09-2010 11:15 AM

No hangover Saturday here too. Its a lovely thing.