Notices

Celebrity Rehab

Old 01-08-2010, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Celebrity Rehab

Did anyone else watch the new season of Celebrity Rehab that was aired for the first time last night? (Thursday, Jan. 7)

The majority of the "Celebrities" are in denial. They talk about the chemicals they are using, consequences of their "partying," yet they say they aren't addicts/alcoholics.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-08-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe they are not?

Damn, I wished I hadn't been watching the game, I'll catch a repeat.

Mark
Old 01-08-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I missed it too.

I think MacKenzie Phillips is part of the group this time. When she was on Oprah recently, she talked openly about being an addict.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

dang it , I missed it ... remind us next week so we dont .. ive watched the last 2 series
Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am going to have to check that show out.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

VH1 has already aired a few repeats of it already so I'm sure you'll catch one of them before next Thursday Nights second episode. I guess the usual time will be Thursday Nights at 10:00 pm.

Yes, Mackenzie Phillips is one of the celebs. She said she had 10 years Clean & Sober, then relapsed on pain meds for a medical condition she didn't name. I guess after a while, the pain pills "weren't enough," so she started snorting Heroin, then slamming it. One of them who we can pretty much bet on to keep things interesting is Dennis Rodman. He keeps saying that the only reason he's there is because of the Court. I guess he had a choice, treatment or jail. He seems to think that he can just physically be there and that will be enough to satisfy the Court. Dr. Drew burst his bubble by telling him that he will be submitting regular reports to the Court, letting them know whether Dennis is participating in groups, being cooperative, etc. Which, so far, he isn't.

There's one guy, Mike Starr, who was the bass player for Alice in Chains, who uses regularly with his Dad, who is also an addict. There's a clip of them smoking some Coke together and they speak to his Dad. His eyes look like they're going to pop out of his head. The Dad talks about how if he has drugs he shares them with his Son and vise versa. They talk like they're sharing pizzas or something. Sad.

Heidi Fleiss, "The Hollywood Madame," is another celeb. She's a Methamphetamine Addict and I was shocked at how she looks. She's so skinny, her face is all sunken in, her skin is a mess, etc. She was a pretty lady but one look at her and you can see just what the drugs have done to her physically.

Most of the same staff members that were on the other seasons are back. My favorite is Bob, the Recovering Addict, with the red hair. He tells it like it is. I think they have a good balance with the staff. There's Shelley, the skinny blonde lady, who's also a Recovering Addict. She's soft spoken, the opposite of Bob. I just love Bob.

Peace.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can watch the whole program online.

Just google Celebrity Rehab 3 and scroll down 5 or 6 hits to vh1.

I just watched the part with Dennis Rodman arriving and wow, he is not a happy camper, is he! And, yeah, very much in denial.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Watching it right now. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

And, Mindy McCready is playing the blame game. Of course, we all have things in our lives that have pushed us towards addiction, but, I think it's going to be difficult to recover if you continue to blame other people and circumstances.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What she just said (Mindy, I think) struck me on the head! She thought after she had her child she would then have filled that "void!" That is similar to how I felt. I felt my whole life would be so much better and I wouldn't abuse alcohol anymore. I stayed sober during the pregnancy and then about a year after he was born I was back to my wine every night. Void not filled. Guess people can't fill the void. That just hit me to the core.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Can't wait to gossip about them soon. I loved the past shows.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
20/12/09

Its not on in Australia yet...arrrggghhh
Old 01-08-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can watch it online Lionheart:

Full Episode | Celebrity Rehab 3 | Ep. 301 | Intake
Old 01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by serenityqueen View Post
Heidi Fleiss, "The Hollywood Madame," is another celeb. She's a Methamphetamine Addict and I was shocked at how she looks. She's so skinny, her face is all sunken in, her skin is a mess, etc. She was a pretty lady but one look at her and you can see just what the drugs have done to her physically.

Peace. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
She went into the Celebrity Big Brother house here in the UK last week. I have not been watching but she must be clean now if she is locked up in there.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Me too, Horselover..I thought having kids would solve everything. Who knew kids were stressful? haha.

I watch this show every season..I think I was identifying with it before I knew I was indentifying with it.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

THANK YOU Serenity Queen! I love love love Dr. Drew, I wish he'd ring the doorbell and we could all talk. I walked in on my daughter watching last night and got to see the part with Mackenzie. I liked her frankness. Oooh, I just looked it up and it is airing tonight (VH1) at 10:00 EST, and I think a half-hour prior there is something related.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I just watched it.. and I'll stay tuned. Should be an interesting and dramatic season lol..
Old 01-08-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm not the biggest fan of Celebrity Rehab, but I still watch because it's great reality TV.

I've seen them all and I think this is the biggest gang of addicts he's ever seen. These guys are in bad shape. I think Mike Starr is the only one who wants to get better, but all those opiates...he's got a hell of a ride coming.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Mike Starr's going to have one hell of a horrible detox with all of the drugs he's abusing. The scenes show him really flipping out bad.

I'm glad the show shows what going through withdrawls is truly like. People hear about how horrible withdrawls can be, but to see it first hand is pretty eye opening. But of course, when I was in denial that I am an addict & alcoholic, it was the good old "it won't happen to me, I can handle it," symdrome.

Speaking of I can handle it, check out where the one woman, the blonde from America's Top Model, (name?) says that she thinks drugs and alcohol are ok if people can handle it. . . and she thinks she's handling it.

How many of you thought you were handling it? I know I did. Looking back at all of the consequences of my addiction, it's amazing that I spent so many years in denial.

BTW, the show is on again tonight, (Friday) at 9:30 pm and 1:30 am EST.

This is going to make for some great discussions.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by serenityqueen View Post
How many of you thought you were handling it?
I thought that being a drug addict was my lot in life because I was too far gone for recovery...or so I erroneously believed. So managing my addiction was the only task at hand back then.