Notices

Newly Sober

Old 12-25-2010, 01:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Jeep thank you for coming back and sharing with us!!! I just realized your post was almost a year ago!! I am so glad to see all of the positives that happened in your life and I couldn't agree more how much my life has changed for the better since the decision to get sober.

Merry Christmas and way to go on your recovery! As far as the gf thing goes.....that will surely come in time and you seem like an amazing person so I think one day someone will be quite fortunate to have you in their lives.

Glad you are with us Jeep!! Thank you.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Nice one!! Thanks for the update!! You should be proud of your sobriety and all that you've achieved in your recovery!!

Happy Christmas!!!

Peace
Old 12-25-2010, 04:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dear Jeeper

Thanks so much for this incredibly positive and encouraging post. I think it's fantastic that you have given up smoking too! That must have been hard. It's near the top of the list of things I want to do with my life at the moment, although the number one priority is to stay sober.

Can I ask something? You said earlier that you'd grown up in the Methodists and I wonder if you have found time in your life for church at all recently? I'm not saying you should go to church becuase that's entirely your personal decision. But I found that going back to church and getting involved there has been a useful element in my recovery and has made it easier to follow the spiritual path that was shown to me by AA.

That's not to say that people can't recover without religion, but I'm just interested to hear of your experience in this field if you wish to share.

Have a wonderful Christmas. And early happy birthday!
Old 12-25-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endlesspatience View Post
Dear Jeeper

Thanks so much for this incredibly positive and encouraging post. I think it's fantastic that you have given up smoking too! That must have been hard. It's near the top of the list of things I want to do with my life at the moment, although the number one priority is to stay sober.

Can I ask something? You said earlier that you'd grown up in the Methodists and I wonder if you have found time in your life for church at all recently? I'm not saying you should go to church becuase that's entirely your personal decision. But I found that going back to church and getting involved there has been a useful element in my recovery and has made it easier to follow the spiritual path that was shown to me by AA.

That's not to say that people can't recover without religion, but I'm just interested to hear of your experience in this field if you wish to share.

Have a wonderful Christmas. And early happy birthday!
I want to go to church but my life right now is pretty hectic. I go to school 5 days a week and work on the weekends. And I train 4-6 days a week for triathlon. I work in the tourism industry so I need to work Saturday and Sunday unfortunately.

Quitting smoking was not too bad. Three months later and sometimes I am still tempted. December 2 I smoked 1 cigarette. I was at a concert and turned down an old friends invitation to get stoned. It was a Keller Williams show so people were trying to sell me drugs all night lol. But after the show I haven't had a craving and it's been 23 days now.

I've pretty much been able to do a lot of the things I did before, I just don't imbibe now. I still go to parties, but I talk and plat my banjo around the fire instead of get drunk. I go to shows and dance instead of get drunk.

I was at a concert and I went down to the river to get a better look at some fire works and when I came up this cop started yelling at me for peeing in the river(which I did not do!). If I was drunk I would have gotten in trouble.

Because I was sober I responded with a calm and logical argument and he walked away pissed off at me.

It's nice being savvy all the time now. And I can buy a lot more toys without dropping a couple hundred a week at the bar.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!!