Notices

I will miss you guys!!

Old 01-02-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I will miss you guys!!

Well, My internet was shut off yesterday. So I am not sure when I will be able to get back on agqin. I am not sure if the sober house has internet or not. I seen a computer in a common area but dont know if its connected.

My family is so happy I am doing this. And as scared as I am. I also have a feeling of peace and relief. My cousin is moving maybe a mile down the road today. So I can have someone close when I get some freedom.
Even my one aunt who is a super hard ass called and told me she was proud of me for doing this.
I have admitted aloud to everyone that I just cant do this on my own anymore. I never could. But now I accept that.
6 to 9 mos seems like a long time. But its nothing compared tot he years I have spent destroying myself and trying to do this by myself.

On march 14th 2007 I found this site while I was waiting to go to my first ever rehab. And the love, support and understanding I have found here is amazing.
I have learned so much here. Not only about myself and my recovery. But how one addict can learn and grow and find the support they need from others like us.
But most of all. I learned that we arent broken. We as addicts are never too far gone. We are not bad people, we just make bad decisions. And we are all worthy to give ourselves another chance at life. There is always hope. I dont care if you are 10 or 100 yrs old. Been using for an hour or a lifetime.
Any one of us can do it when we make that decision to finally let go, accept how things are. And do whatever we have to do to make it better.

I honestly have so much love for this site and everyone here. I have gotten to know all of you on a deep, personal level. It doesnt get any more raw then admitting the things you do here.
I will miss all of you so much. I cant wait to check in and tell you guys how things are going.
I may be able to check back in tomorrow or Monday before I go. But I have to be there MOnday morning by 10am.

Until then. Everyone make this new year and decade count. We are worthy and capable of anything we put our minds and hearts into.

Be safe, stay sober. Much much love...
Old 01-02-2010, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers go with you...

Mark
Old 01-02-2010, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Good luck Aysha.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You will be in my prayers....
Stay focused!

"Spiritual evolution occurs as the result of removing obstacles and not actually acquiring anything new. Devotion enables surrender of the mind's vanities and cherished illusions so that it progressively becomes more free and more open to the light of Truth."
-David R. Hawkins
Old 01-02-2010, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Take care of yourself, Trish.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Trish, what a beautiful post..thank you....I am so proud of you and I love and appreciate how you have shared your journey here, and all of the ways in which it has touched people's lives. I will miss you and keep you in my prayers.
we will keep your seat warm, and look forward to when you can pop in and bring some news
Old 01-02-2010, 08:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mergirl

I'll miss you girl, and I am pulling for you. You are an amazing, kind, wonderful person and you deserve the very best honey, now go find it.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you, girl. Well done!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you have always been so cool and interesting, and still are. Wishing you the best my friend. What an amazing post. Sounds like you have taken control.
Much love and peace-
Dub
Old 01-02-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

good luck to you.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You'll be missed too. You have said on a few occasions that you're the poster girl of relapse. I disagree with that I think you're the poster girl for courage and honesty - a true inspiration (I know you're probably cringing right now, lol, deal with it :p ).

Let's hope this is the moment when all your effort starts paying off... so you can shine even brighter, with health and free of the bondage of addiction.

Lots of love going out to you, my friend
Old 01-02-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wish I could give you the BIGGEST HUG in person, Trish! Will think of you and pray that this fresh start is just the beginning of the BEST life has to offer.

Liz
Old 01-02-2010, 10:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers for you Trish. Sounds like you have a great opportunity to make 2010 a great year.

We will miss your posts and will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Take care
we'll be here waiting for you to return
We havent spoken much but i always love reading your posts... i always saw so much determination in your posts... determination for a better, healthier way..
You have always been so giving to others
Nows time to be giving to yourself
Stay safe
Old 01-02-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I ran out of other places to go.
The light will be on when, you come back!!!!

Wishing you well on your journey
Old 01-02-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

All The Best! Beautifully written post and I hope you get what you are looking for.

Peace and Love xxx
Old 01-02-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
6/20/08

My best to you, Chiy. Please check in when you can. We'll want updates on how your new life is progressing.

And in the scheme of things, 6-9 months is trivial. Give it all you have, girl.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

You will do great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you can use that computer you spotted!!!!! I have to know what you are having for dinner after all!

Hugs sweetie.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You are an amazing person Trish - thanks for another amazing post! I am so proud of you & happy for you that you are making this happen! Prayers for you - I will miss you! Totally go for it Trish - give this everything you've got! Love, Jomey
Old 01-02-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
You're going to be just fine Trish. Can't wait until you're back. We love you and we'll be praying for you.